Thread: Need some help with light weight 6.5 creedmore build - stocks, bolts, and optics...

Feedback Score

Need some help with light weight 6.5 creedmore build - stocks, bolts, and optics...

Hey There,

I have embarked on a light weight precision build that will be a jack of all trades, hunting, tactical, precision rifle. I'd like to be able to reach out to 1000 yards with it. I just purchased a 2a armament upper and lower (1lb total), their 15inch mlok handguard (10.4 oz) and a 20 inch proof research barrel in 6.5 creedmore (approx 3 lbs). SO I am under 5 lbs so far. My plan is to use as many light weight titanium parts in the lower and upper as is prudent, without affecting reliability). Here is where i run out of expertise.

1) Are any of light weight bolts (paired with an adjustable gas block) worth investing in? I'm interested in them from a weight reduction and recoil impulse reduction perspective. If so, whose should I use?

2) What do you all think on stocks? I'm not interested in a full weight PR scope. I have one on a heavy build and I'm looking for something lighter. Are there any suggestions for a good light weight stock. Fixed is fine.

3) Finally, I'd like to avoid building a light rifle and then loading it up with a heavy piece of glass. I would something in a 3 to 18 (give or take on the high end and low end) range that is under 32 ounces. Is that even doable? Glass is not my area of expertise.

Grateful for any advice or opinions.

D
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    A NF ATACR 4-16 is 30oz.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    you want a Leupold mk6 3-18 if you want the lightest scope in that mag range. its just under 240z I believe and its also one of the shortest available. I would also take a look at eratac mounts as they are very light or possibly the scalar works 34mm mount. The only LW bcgs that I use and recommend are the Titanium BCGs made by Joel at V7 weapon systems. Its been flawless so far with over 10k rounds on the bcg. As for stocks, take a look at B5s new precision stock as its supposed to be much lighter than the magpul PRS stocks. If you don't want to go with that, maybe look at a gen 2 UBR.

Feedback Score
    You'll have much more success searching once you learn how to spell "Creedmoor."

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much for that valuable contribution.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Luth AR makes some more lightweight socks vs a PRS stock. And they are pretty good. I have one on an SPR AR15.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I ended up with the B5 precision stock. Seems excellent.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    A NF ATACR 4-16 is 30oz.
    This scope is excellent , but if you want lighter find a 2.5-10 of decent quality.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"