Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tavor X95 SBR

Feedback Score

Tavor X95 SBR

I bought a Tavor X95 SBR and got to visit it at my dealer while I filled out the paperwork. It has a 13" barrel, shorter handguard, shorter buttstock and a 22.8" overall length. Now the wait...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks awesome. How’s the weight/balance?
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    As you can probably imagine, it feels very light because there's so little weight beyond your trigger hand. I have not had a chance to shoot it though.

Feedback Score
    My X95 SBR got out of jail today. The buttstock height provides a perfect cheek weld for the BUIS. Now to find an optic...

Feedback Score
    Have you been shooting with this at all? If so, how is it holding up? There was a guy on here some time ago who wrote up the one he was issued by IDF and I remember some issues with his. Just askin, I'm an X95 fan, and was interested.

Feedback Score
    Yes. I have a Mepro 4X scope on it. It's been 100% from the start using IMI M193. There are absolutely no issues from a reliability standpoint. That said, I'm a collector and shoot for fun. My experience obviously does not compare to actual military use. I'd say that it's a great handling rifle for shooting when you're moving around and shooting from random positions. Given how short it is, I did find it kind of awkward to zero from the bench, but I wouldn't really consider it a negative. FYI, the eye relief on the Mepro 4X that I decided to put on this rifle is bad. I just decided to put it on the X95 SBR because it seemed appropriate given that it's from Israel too. That said, I'm still able to use it effectively given how I can position my cheek on the stock. Of course the rail allows virtually unlimited optic options. Whatever I use, no riser will be necessary.

I have a Tavor IDF and like it. I also have an X95 and consider it a significant improvement over the Tavor. I really think the X95 SBR is how the X95 should be. For me, the regular X95 just feels like they stretched it out for no real performance benefit. Of course the real benefit is that it's not an NFA firearm. The X95 SBR is easily my favorite bullpup and is in my 10% of favorite to shoot rifles. If you're considering one, I wouldn't hesitate.

Feedback Score
    Man that thing is sweet! How much does one of those run?

Feedback Score
    $1,600 to $1,750 if you can find one. They were not easy to find when they were imported, but the availability has gone down to almost nothing. I couldn't find a single one available in an online store. I did find a couple on GunBroker.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/876458022
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/876881730

IWI seems to import in batches. Once something comes in, it seems to be a while before they import again, if at all. I bought my Tavor IDF model when they were available and they have not been imported since. If you're thinking about getting one, I'd jump on one of the GunBroker auctions.

Here's my family photo:

Feedback Score
    How well do they run suppressed?

Feedback Score
    I don't know because I don't yet have a 5.56 suppressor. The 9mm Tavor (shown at the bottom) is 100% reliable when suppressed with my TiRant 9.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast