Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane time (Dorian)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Hurricane time (Dorian)

Hurricane time in FL. Right now, looks like a possible cat 4 that's aimed pretty much at my front door. I have very little prep to do as I'm not one of those derpa derps who lives in a hurricane prone area rushing around last minute for water and chit. Top off car with gas, pretty much done. FL peeps ready? Of course my AC decides this week was the bestest time to die, so 5.5k later, and a long hot week, new AC online to enjoy storm. GF's big generator and Zombie box are on standby (1), as is beer, spam, ammo. The essentials....

FL went 10 years between major storms up till I moved to FL, but it's really just wind and rain for all but vast majority who live right on the water, in trailer parks, etc. The state has to give people the impression it's the apocalypse or people won't prepare then blame the state when they get jammed up good.

(1) https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...plus-generator
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Just hold your custom knife up in the air and yell, "I will cut you, Hurricane, stay away !". Be safe sir.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, when I moved here, I just missed the 3 hurricanes that hit the previous year. It was pretty quiet for awhile, now there has been 2 in a row and now heading for a 3peat. Fun times. Not looking forward to fence repair although if that's the worst that happens then I consider that a win.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Yeah, when I moved here, I just missed the 3 hurricanes that hit the previous year. It was pretty quiet for awhile, now there has been 2 in a row and now heading for a 3peat. Fun times. Not looking forward to fence repair although if that's the worst that happens then I consider that a win.
    My fences got pushed over last time too and that was the worst of it for me at my place. My place was made in 47, has CBS walls like a foot thick, old, but hurricane rated windows, not in a flood zone and such, so don't worry to much about. GFs house where I am most of the time and where I am for storms and such even better plus big ass generator. Loss of power is really the only major issue for most and they're pretty good about getting power back up in my areas. Hurricane issue is one metric by which I chose both houses.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    It's Trump's fault.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    My fences got pushed over last time too and that was the worst of it for me at my place. My place was made in 47, has CBS walls like a foot thick, old, but hurricane rated windows, not in a flood zone and such, so don't worry to much about. GFs house where I am most of the time and where I am for storms and such even better plus big ass generator. Loss of power is really the only major issue for most and they're pretty good about getting power back up in my areas. Hurricane issue is one metric by which I chose both houses.
    Yeah, I had minor shingle damage on the last one, which I fixed myself. I got a new roof since then.

The fence repair was a bitch though doing yourself. Not to mention my HOA has changed the rules and now only white vinyl fences are approved. I have wooden shadow box (which was previously required by the HOA) and they wanted me to change my whole fence when one panel had to be redone because of continuity. Seriously? You want me to change almost 600' of fence because I have one new 8' panel? I told them to suck it and 30 second cleanered + pressure washed the outside of the front and sides (visible) of the fence so they all looked the same again. Pain in the ass!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Yeah, I had minor shingle damage on the last one, which I fixed myself. I got a new roof since then.

The fence repair was a bitch though doing yourself. Not to mention my HOA has changed the rules and now only white vinyl fences are approved. I have wooden shadow box (which was previously required by the HOA) and they wanted me to change my whole fence when one panel had to be redone because of continuity. Seriously? You want me to change almost 600' of fence because I have one new 8' panel? I told them to suck it and 30 second cleanered + pressure washed the outside of the front and sides (visible) of the fence so they all looked the same again. Pain in the ass!
    HOA life is a real double edge sword and depending on the HOA not worth it.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    It sucks to have your AC out; of course, there's a very high likelihood you won't have power. But those first few days after a hurricane moves out and a wedge of high pressure moves in? Ugh....

Be safe. Head on a swivel.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    First off, I dont wanna discuss ACs dying because thats currently a touchy subject.

Second, Eurodriver said he will be very much out doing windcalls during this hurricane.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Will, a couple of things not to forget. A chainsaw with gas, oil and file to sharpen it stored in the room you are riding out the storm in. You might have to cut your way out. A sledgehammer and crowbar may also come in handy. It doesn't hurt to have a couple of sheets of plywood and a couple of blue tarps for temporary repairs if needed.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast