Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt listened to the retarded whining on forums - NIB 6920 Unboxing

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Colt listened to the retarded whining on forums - NIB 6920 Unboxing

I did something I’ve never done before - I actually finger ****ed a Colt 6920 (OEM 1) looking for things I only ever hear about on the internet. Markings, finish, serial number prefix, rollmark quality (seriously wtf guys), etc. You know, all the stuff that doesn’t matter at all.

There have been conversations on this forum about markings missing, and what this does to resale value. IE if the upper or BCG is not marked how do people know you’re really selling a Colt upper and not another forged upper from somebody else.

It looks like they have “corrected” this.

As far as I’m concerned - you buy a 6920 because you want to beat the hell out of it. If you want something more accurate or fancier you buy a custom config from one of the quality boutique companies. If you want something that will get the job done for the best price - you buy a Colt.

Anyway, here you guys go. I’m not really into what Colt does and doesn’t do with markings. I’ll point out what I think is interesting and welcome your comments.

Rifle was bought brand new last week.

Box label:

Rifle as packaged. Keep in mind, it came with no hand guards, Buttstock, trigger guard, rear sight, or sling. I added those as I unboxed the rifle.

Serial number prefix is “CR”. Rollmark looks pristine. Rifle is covered in preservative. Safety selector switch operates firmly but smoothly.

Cage code is laser etched into the upper. Presumably too many “omg where did the “C” go?!? Complaints.

B marked Front Sight

Cage code and MP markings on barrel

Buffer was a little unusual. Looks like a super faint “H” was stamped but I weighed it just to be sure. 3 3/4 oz is in line with a correct H buffer weight.

Laser etched “C” in the BCG (for comparison my older LE prefix 6920s have C stamped into the upper and BCG)

Bolt is appropriately marked MPC for a Colt. There was no white dot (but again, with MPC - this does not matter to me)

Complete rifle:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Would you mind me asking what you paid for it? I've not looked at 6920 pricing since 2017. I believe they were ~$750 at the time.

Feedback Score
    Wonder what the "2" on the bolt is? Never saw that before.

The only issue I have with not marking the BCG is that an unscrupulous dealer (or one of his employees) could swap out the Colt factory one for a DPMS or PSA one, and you no doubt feel the same way about those brands or similar as most of us do. The BCG is, to me, one of the two main components of an AR, the other being the barrel.

Roll marks vs laser etching, cage code or not, etc. doesn't matter to me one iota.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks for the pictures. Nice breakdown.

I wonder why:
    > box is marked 223 and barrel is actually 5.56. Has Colt ever produced 6920 with 223 chamber?
    > What is a <B> front sight? I know what an 'F' is.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We all know that Colt could put in every last detail to appease the LARPers and include a coupon for a frosty freeze shake AND a free Pinoy hooker and people would bitch about not getting a sundae and a Thai hooker.

Oof.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    But...but...it says 2013 config on the label...and 223 Rem...while the carbine identifies as 5.56 on the lower and 5.56 NATO 1/7 on the barrel.

Now that all the useless quibbling is out of the way we can get back to the regular programming of quibbling about gas system lengths in relation to gas port sizes in relation to buffer tube lengths with alternative buffer weights and springs rates.

Ah dang, alx01 beat me to it!
    Last edited by MorphCross; 08-30-19 at 18:52.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    Would you mind me asking what you paid for it? I've not looked at 6920 pricing since 2017. I believe they were ~$750 at the time.
    Cheap Dirt has them at $755 ~ Google: "6920 (OEM 1)"

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The C on the bolt carrier does not appear to be laser etched, unless I don’t properly understand that process. It appears to be made with a starter punch, although I’m fairly certain thats not how they do it. In any case, I’ve seen that mark on lots of Colts and its of no concern either way.

What does the <B> mean? I’ve got at least one rifle marked <B>1 and I don’t know the significance or what its supposed to guarantee. I’m too lazy to open my secondary safe and check the others.

The chicken littles in the other thread never made any sense to me. A dealer swapping the BCG for one of lower quality doesn’t even make sense. Is he really going to profit much from selling a Colt BCG with no packaging vs the cheapo he swapped into the rifle? And I say that having seen dealers do some silly stuff like selling cases or mags separately. That said, I mainly buy from a LE dealer at this point that I trust when I buy a complete firearm of any type.

Grease that trigger and degrease/oil (I have a bucket of kerosene for degreasing two stroke engine parts that works well for this) that BCG and enjoy your new rifle. Congrats!
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivateCitizen View Post
    Cheap Dirt has them at $755 ~ Google: "6920 (OEM 1)"
    Arms unlimited had them for like 650-675 recently. Not sure if they sold out yet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Wonder what the "2" on the bolt is? Never saw that before.

The only issue I have with not marking the BCG is that an unscrupulous dealer (or one of his employees) could swap out the Colt factory one for a DPMS or PSA one, and you no doubt feel the same way about those brands or similar as most of us do. The BCG is, to me, one of the two main components of an AR, the other being the barrel.

Roll marks vs laser etching, cage code or not, etc. doesn't matter to me one iota.
    There have been a couple samples on tos with the "2". Not sure what it means though. Some speculated that it relates to who they outsource to make the bcg. Can't remember if the carriers had the c stamped on them in those examples.

Markings don't matter matter to me. I don't really resale and I will buy Colt until/if they actually do go down in quality and start having issues. Still buying up as much as I can
    Last edited by everready73; 08-30-19 at 19:53.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast