Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes red flag laws work?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Sometimes red flag laws work?

I noticed that 98/122 red flag requests have been granted.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019...guns-away.html
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    So someone identifies as conservative and talks shit, he gets committed involuntarily and has his guns taken away. Antifa says they’re going to burn the world down, riots and attacks people on a daily basis, ignores the law, commits felonies the way we put on our socks, and they need protection by the Feds from those scary Right-wingers? Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    24/122 were deemed not likely to be hyperbole?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    you consider that guy a credible threat? Kind of funny only one side of the political spectrum is being targeted by these laws. Makes me think they are meant to oppress people not actually stop criminal acts. Like the two Proud Boys in NY who got 15 years but antifa can attack people with bike locks and get wrist slaps.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    you consider that guy a credible threat? Kind of funny only one side of the political spectrum is being targeted by these laws. Makes me think they are meant to oppress people not actually stop criminal acts. Like the two Proud Boys in NY who got 15 years but antifa can attack people with bike locks and get wrist slaps.
    Because as long as you SAY you are anti-fascist you can do whatever you want to whoever you want. You know, because anyone who disagrees with them are nazis and violence is justified. Or something like that....
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    So someone identifies as conservative and talks shit, he gets committed involuntarily and has his guns taken away. Antifa says they’re going to burn the world down, riots and attacks people on a daily basis, ignores the law, commits felonies the way we put on our socks, and they need protection by the Feds from those scary Right-wingers? Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    When are you going to LEARN? Nobody at the reins of society benefits from independent constituents. Antifa, or its analogue, will always exist the same way that black and hispanic criminal gangs will always exist and be given legitimacy.

To keep you in line.

The Government infects you with malaria and then offers the cure when they could have just not infected you with malaria.

Of course independent, "conservative" people are to be singled out and made examples of. They KNOW that your rifles will only see the range but it makes it hard to control you and makes people leery of owning one.

All it takes is for someone to snitch you out

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m really curious about the other 97 stories.
    One guy goes quietly and acknowledges he needs help...so...everyone else didn’t?

It’s like saying “We got one right!” about jury trials instead of “We get most right, and it’s the best option to maintain the most freedom for all.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My shooting partners son is a LEO in Balto County. This past school year, girl #1 said girl #2 was going to shoot up the school. Of course the Calvary came, turned out girl #1 was jealous of girl #2, so bogus complaint.

Following the incident, the county teams responding had an AAR. One thing they talked about, under MD's Red Flag law, would they have to confiscate firearms from everyone she knew. To my knowledge, they never made a final decision.
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 08-31-19 at 13:18.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Call me stupid, but the way I'm seeing this a "Red Flag Law" wasn't even needed here. The guy made a threat outside of the Mayors house to go and "slaughter/murder" people.

There are already laws in place to go and have a chat and determine next steps for that type of shit, right?

???

Are you telling me that if this dude lived in a state without red flag laws there would be no legal grounds to knock on his door and chat with him and if he needed to be placed under psychiatric evaluation?

He literally made threats online and outside the Mayors house, wrote a letter to a sitting congressman detailing his plans...

All the legal grounds to combat this threat existed and red flag laws weren't needed.

IF he was truly a threat and was going to shoot people up, if he was truly a violent person unhinged- would there be no legal means to question and detain him for psychiatric review based on the threats he made online, in a written letter and outside of the Mayors house!?!?!?

This is propaganda marketing for/from the PRO Red flag law crowd.

Tell me about the other protective orders that were served.

This pre-crime stuff is dangerous, more dangerous than folks having guns and the ability to do harm with them.

His father said "I can't say he wouldn't kill someone"..... WELL NO SHIT SHERLOCK! Could anyone say with any reasonable certainty that ANYONE else would for sure "Not kill anyone"???!!!???!!!???

This article stinks. It's designed to get people to support Red Flag laws. Period.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 08-31-19 at 13:57.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Or, a legit threat has his guns taken, finds more guns anyway, then kills his mother with a sword once they take his (illegal!) guns:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...tvu-story.html

They're pushing that as a red flag, but his guns were illegal so how is that red flag? Story is conflicting but says "Police reports say, however, that police had twice taken illegal guns from Krystyniak’s home, once in late 2017 and once weeks before the killing."

So had illegal guns, but was not arrested for them? What was it we say about actually following laws we have? I'm confused why this animal was not arrested for multiple prior crimes, in jail, and or under psychiatric care. etc.

Again, system failure?

What is the charge for possession of illegal firearms there?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast