Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More Threatening Red Flag Law Activity

Feedback Score
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...un-seizure-law

California Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom signed 15 gun-related bills into law Friday, tightening the state's already-stringent Second Amendment restrictions.

One of the bills, which expands a so-called "red flag" law to allow co-workers, employers and educators to seek gun violence restraining orders against firearms owners they fear are a danger to themselves and others, was vetoed twice by Newsom's predecessor, Jerry Brown.

Newsom also signed a companion bill allowing the gun violence restraining orders to last one and five years, although the gun owners could petition to end those restrictions earlier. The bill also allows judges to issue search warrants at the same time as they grant the orders. The warrants can be used immediately if the gun owners are served with the relinquishment orders but fail to turn over the firearms or ammunition.
    So you haven’t been accused of committing, are thought to have committed, a crime. Nor is there any probable cause that you’ve committed a crime. Yet on the word of people who don’t know you at all, you will lose your 4th amendment and your 2nd amendment guaranteed rights for up to 5 years.

Get out of Kalifornia before they start sending you deplorables to a gulag. I’m serious. Get out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...un-seizure-law

So you haven’t been accused of committing, are thought to have committed, a crime. Nor is there any probable cause that you’ve committed a crime. Yet on the word of people who don’t know you at all, you will lose your 4th amendment and your 2nd amendment guaranteed rights for up to 5 years.

Get out of Kalifornia before they start sending you deplorables to a gulag. I’m serious. Get out.
    Even the American Communist Lawyers Union (ACLU) is crying foul on the CA law.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Even the American Communist Lawyers Union (ACLU) is crying foul on the CA law.
    I was pleasantly surprised.

This “law” won’t do anything besides push Californian gun owners underground. They won’t speak about any of it to ANYONE. Which honestly, should probably be SOP anyway . . . not smart at all to go telling acquaintances and co-workers etc private information such as the fact that you own weapons
    Last edited by Mozart; 10-11-19 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    People need to just keep quiet, go for a walk, have a good workout at the gym, bang the GF or wife...etc....

Feedback Score
    Since we don’t have a gun registry to check against, and someone could’ve just have a gun outside of the registry, doesn’t this mean that the red flag laws mean that anyone’s house can be searched if they are considered to be a threat? Because everybody could have a gun? Right?

Plus it opens you up to examination on all your guns for 922 violations, too much ammo for the local fire regulations, and pretty much anything else laying around your house.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised.

This “law” won’t do anything besides push Californian gun owners underground. They won’t speak about any of it to ANYONE. Which honestly, should probably be SOP anyway . . . not smart at all to go telling acquaintances and co-workers etc private information such as the fact that you own weapons
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    People need to just keep quiet, go for a walk, have a good workout at the gym, bang the GF or wife...etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Since we don’t have a gun registry to check against, and someone could’ve just have a gun outside of the registry, doesn’t this mean that the red flag laws mean that anyone’s house can be searched if they are considered to be a threat? Because everybody could have a gun? Right?

Plus it opens you up to examination on all your guns for 922 violations, too much ammo for the local fire regulations, and pretty much anything else laying around your house.
    I will say this again. We will be entering a period in America similar to Prohibition, where all gun activity will move underground, with a vibrant black market. My grandparents and great grandparents violated Prohibition out here, we'll have no problem doing the same with guns. And I would expect the same from millions of Americans.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    True but one key difference I see is that we can make shine or bath tub gin at home, it’s tougher to make ammunition let alone components in your basement. I don’t think 5.56 hard cast would hold up.

I guess if your CNC savvy you’re could pump out projos after hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I will say this again. We will be entering a period in America similar to Prohibition, where all gun activity will move underground, with a vibrant black market. My grandparents and great grandparents violated Prohibition out here, we'll have no problem doing the same with guns. And I would expect the same from millions of Americans.
    Sign me up for a black market suppressor!

(Just kidding ATF guy who’s currently assigned to this board)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    True but one key difference I see is that we can make shine or bath tub gin at home, it’s tougher to make ammunition let alone components in your basement. I don’t think 5.56 hard cast would hold up.

I guess if your CNC savvy you’re could pump out projos after hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And partaking is far quieter.....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The US is going full-Soviet in ways that the old Soviet leadership could have never dreamt.

The only silver lining in these dark clouds is that police states can’t be sustained: eventually (and inevitably) they collapse, and are no more.
    Last edited by Buncheong; 10-16-19 at 01:42.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast