Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need help...got an irritating noise in my driver door!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Since it doesn’t appear until 45mph, it has me wondering if it is a weatherstripping issue and wind noise from a leak around the door or the plastic liner between the door panel and door.

What happens if you crack or roll a window down going down the road, or turn the AC from recycle to fresh air? Does if change anything then?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You could always put a gallon freezer baggie over your mirror and tape any seams with masking tape. Then wrap the baggie with masking tape.

That would rule out wind on the mirror. Or at least drastically change the profile.

Also take a close look at all your door trim. Top to bottom. Be sure you don't have a little piece that is torn or cracked and it get's to buzzing at speed.

The speed + noise where your arm rests makes no sense to me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Tagged to hear solution
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_click_off View Post
    Since it doesn’t appear until 45mph, it has me wondering if it is a weatherstripping issue and wind noise from a leak around the door or the plastic liner between the door panel and door.

What happens if you crack or roll a window down going down the road, or turn the AC from recycle to fresh air? Does if change anything then?
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Not a weatherstripping problem, all good there. And, its not the outside mirror...Im gonna have to take it to be looked at..during the work week I cant fool with it at all.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Since it is only 45 and above, does it change if you rock the car back and forth, shifting weight to left and right. You said grinding, maybe wheel bearings, maybe just reverberating through door?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like my 2012 Pathfinder. It happens at about 45 mph if engine is under light load. The harmonics must be just right at that speed. It is definitely something vibrating though. I have grew to ignore it and my brain has just filtered it out. It is my wife's car so if she didn't care about it when I told her to take it and get the dealership to check it then I don't drive it enough to bother me either and it doesn't affect function so...whateves.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123