I need some advice from experienced Aimpoint users. I've only had a handful of Aimpoints and not clear on best next steps.

I have a T1 2 MOA that I got new several years ago, and having issues with fuzzy/imprecise dot. The dot has always been adequate for the 25 to 50y training that I did with it, and still is. But trying to shoot it at longer range recently, realized how much the inconsistent and unclear edges around the reticle are contributing to a lack of accuracy at distance. Also, this is *not* astigmatism. I have extremely low measured astigmatism on a recent eye exam, and what little I have is corrected by RX shooting lenses or glasses. I have zero issue with other red dot sights, and have 20/15 vision except up close. Also my teenage daughter has used this rifle and sees the same fuzziness, inconsistent shape, and very slight starburst effect around the edges. A cell phone pic of the dot confirms there is inconsistency there.

I've already contacted Aimpoint service to see what the options are to repair/replace. If they'll take care of it, we are good--it's still within the warranty period.

Here's the questions:
* Is this pretty normal with a T1? Am I wasting my time trying to make it better by going through service, i.e., will they just 'repair' only to find nothing has changed?
* Would I be better served to not waste time trying to fix this issue on a T1 RDS, and just switch to.....what, exactly? I've looked at T2's that only slightly better, including the one I have. Trijicon MRO? Or just forget it and get another LPVO?