Thread: What I Believe is the One Most Forgotten/Ignored Rule of M4C...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

What I Believe is the One Most Forgotten/Ignored Rule of M4C...

From the E&E Rules & Standards:

”Do not edit the final sale price from your ad. It is helpful for the buyer, seller and this community to know what items sold for recently, and in the past.”

I have observed since I’ve been a member here that once someone sells their item, they feel compelled to delete the selling price or overwrote it with the word “SOLD”

I mean even if I didn’t read the E&E rules it wouldn’t be hard to imagine that would be helpful. That said, I’m sure I’m guilty of doing that on a a few of my E&E posts as well. I think once I did it because I was embarrassed at how cheap I sold something. But I do make an effort to leave my price posted in the ad. It really is helpful, especially when you don’t really know what the “market will bear” for your particular item.

Since there was only one person viewing this topic I doubt it will generate much of anything, but I decided to finally say something. I’m going to be sure to leave my final selling price even if it looks like I gave it away.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Sold!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When you see things like that, please hit the "Report Post" and let us know. We'll warn or infract the seller, and it can result in loss of EE privileges.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Sold!
    Smarty pants.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    When you see things like that, please hit the "Report Post" and let us know. We'll warn or infract the seller, and it can result in loss of EE privileges.
    Thanks for the response and mod support ST.
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    What if a seller posts a price, and then through emails/PMs a lower price is negotiated? Is the seller obligated to edit his post to show the lower price?

The main reason for editing is because people are dumb and if they see a price they think it's still for sale and bother the seller.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Asking and selling price is obviously not always the same, or published...