Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OKAY Mags Regular vs E2? What is E2? Best place to buy OKAY or NHTMG or Colt mags?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Wait wait wait...

The E2's are discontinued? Anyone got solid confirmation on this? I happen to like my E2's and have been testing them for about four months now without issues. They're one of my go to metal magazines.
    Surefeed still lists them on their website, FWIW:

http://www.surefeedmagazines.com/magazines/e2.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Leading up to the '16 election I ordered a ton of the cheap D&H mags from PSA to my cousin's house in PA. These seem much much better. The D&H ones are sometimes really hard to load, the E2s are nice and smooth.
    Are the ones you're talking about the ones with the PSA marked floor plates? If so, I've run a good bit through them on semi auto and full auto without issue. The E2's feel nicer to me, but I don't know if they're worth the extra $$$.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Surefeed still lists them on their website, FWIW:

http://www.surefeedmagazines.com/magazines/e2.html
    There is a lot of chatter on the other forum about them being discontinued due to feeding issues but no solid evidence from what I can tell.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I bought 10 of those the last time they had them on sale. I swapped the green followers out with Magpul followers, and have used them without issue.
    They were saying on arfcom that those actually do have the magpul followers, and that Botach had just put up the wrong picture. Now I'm confused lol Did the description state Magpul followers when you bought them?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeydo View Post
    They were saying on arfcom that those actually do have the magpul followers, and that Botach had just put up the wrong picture. Now I'm confused lol Did the description state Magpul followers when you bought them?
    The Okay USGI mags I bought from them came with green followers. Either way, they are a good deal when they are on sale, so stock up!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    There is a lot of chatter on the other forum about them being discontinued due to feeding issues but no solid evidence from what I can tell.
    The speculation about them being discontinued was all from people who didn't seem to be aware that Okay produces their mags in batches, and they are sold out for months at a time before vendors restock them. I've been following the availability of their standard Surefeed mags since they were introduced a few years ago, and they'll be out of stock everywhere for several months, then show up again at all the regular places. Okay apparently produces medical instruments / equipment also, so they don't produce the magazines year round. The Okay rep that some people were corresponding with went kind of silent on the possible issues with the E2 magazine, other than to say that they had tested them and weren't able to replicate the feed issues that a few people reported. That started people speculating wildly about them being quietly discontinued.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    The Okay USGI mags I bought from them came with green followers. Either way, they are a good deal when they are on sale, so stock up!

I just got 10 of them in the mail yesterday and they came with Magpul followers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    All of the okays I've ever bought from Botach came with magpul followers

Feedback Score
    I’ve handled a sample, but I haven’t had a chance to shoot it. I agree about the Surefeed lettering - I think it would have been better just to add more of the same texturing - but the new texture does feel pretty good and helps with gripping the magazine. The Teflon-coated mags can feel a little slippery otherwise. If the E2s are more expensive (other than at Botach), I would recommend just buying standard Okays since they work so well. However, if you can get either for the same price, like Botach is listing, I would go for the textured E2, myself.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    I just got 10 of them in the mail yesterday and they came with Magpul followers.
    Botach used to sell Okay magazines that they described as “bulk” or “loose” GI magazines (I forget what the exact term was). They were GI surplus Okay mags with the MILSPEC mint green follower, from before the Surefeed brand name was introduced to the commercial market. I think they just had a bunch left over from somewhere. For a while, they were still selling both types of Okays, but the surplus ones sold out a year or two ago.

The new “MILSPEC” Okay mags are kind of odd. They have 2013 stamped bodies with the old (original) Okay logo on them, like military mags, but they have baseplates with the new Surefeed logo on them, Magpul followers, and come in the Surefeed bag with the orange cardboard backing that says “MILSPEC” on the label. It looks like Okay had a bunch of GI magazine bodies left over, maybe from a government contract overrun or something, and they decided to finish them with their commercial market parts and sell them as a pseudo GI / MILSPEC variant.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast