Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OKAY Mags Regular vs E2? What is E2? Best place to buy OKAY or NHTMG or Colt mags?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Okay Industries Surefeed E2 magazines(now discontinued IIRC)are "enhanced with a patented feed lip design, textured side panels, a new anti-tilt follower, and caliber markings. The E2's patented feed lips reduce the amount of force necessary to strip the cartridge from the magazine, dramatically increasing the reliability when the rifle is dirty or fouled with carbon. As an industry first for metal magazines, the E2 has been enhanced with textured side panels to improve handling in adverse conditions."
    Last edited by 10MMGary; 09-04-19 at 20:44.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks!
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, the Okay E2 SureFeed mags were conceived and designed primarily for better function with the new M855A1 ammo. Here is a thread discussing these mags from TOS, where a few people were having some issues with them. Since I don’t shoot the new M855A1 ammo and probably never will, I prefer the regular proven SureFeed mags.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Ne...em-/17-729142/
    Last edited by Biggy; 09-08-19 at 10:07.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    IMHO, the Okay E2 SureFeed mags were conceived and designed primarily for better function with the new M855A1 ammo.
    An Okay rep told me that they did not design the E2 magazine for M855A1, because the E2 was intended for the civilian market (they are making EPMs for the military), and they do not expect civilians to have regular access to M855A1. However, the intent of the revised feedlips and follower was to reduce friction as the round feeds, allowing the bolt to return into battery with less resistance. That design change, especially the way the feedlips are cut back, may have inadvertently allowed the rounds to angle up sooner as they feed, with less resistance, reducing the pressure that the hardened tip of the M855A1 round puts on the feedramps, which has been a concern of some people.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I've purchased my Okay Surefeeds from Botach. I know there are multiple accounts of them screwing up orders, or having bad customer service, but all of my dealings with them have been without hassle. They will usually sell Surefeeds for $11 per magazine, and if I recall correctly, if you order 10 or more they'll knock a bit off the price as well.

On another note, I bought a couple Rock River aluminum mags from my local gun store, and they were marked NHTMG, and came with Magpul followers. They were priced at $16 each, but I figured what the heck. I might go back and buy the last one, as there were only three of them on the shelf at the time.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I've purchased my Okay Surefeeds from Botach. I know there are multiple accounts of them screwing up orders, or having bad customer service, but all of my dealings with them have been without hassle. They will usually sell Surefeeds for $11 per magazine, and if I recall correctly, if you order 10 or more they'll knock a bit off the price as well.

On another note, I bought a couple Rock River aluminum mags from my local gun store, and they were marked NHTMG, and came with Magpul followers. They were priced at $16 each, but I figured what the heck. I might go back and buy the last one, as there were only three of them on the shelf at the time.
    NHMTG are the same mag as the USGI Okays.

NHMTG = Colt = Okay USGI = cage code 33710

Shoot with confidence.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    NHMTG are the same mag as the USGI Okays.

NHMTG = Colt = Okay USGI = cage code 33710

Shoot with confidence.
    I actually didn't know that until I read this discussion.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by slimedog View Post
    On a somewhat related topic, in addition to the E2s and regular Surefeeds, Botach seems to have another version (OKAY-USGI30G):

https://www.botach.com/okay-usgi-mil...ing-followers/

This so-called "mil-spec" version is $2 cheaper than the regular Surefeed 30 round. While the text claims it has a Magpul follower, the picture looks like something different. I'm kind of inclined to go with the ones that are $2 cheaper. Any thoughts on this?

Grab 'em. Those are the older USGI green followers, which replaced the original black followers a long time ago. I'd grab those and save two bucks. They're the backbone of my AR mag stash and also are my range mags. I'd trust my life to them.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wait wait wait...

The E2's are discontinued? Anyone got solid confirmation on this? I happen to like my E2's and have been testing them for about four months now without issues. They're one of my go to metal magazines.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Grab 'em. Those are the older USGI green followers, which replaced the original black followers a long time ago. I'd grab those and save two bucks. They're the backbone of my AR mag stash and also are my range mags. I'd trust my life to them.
    I bought 10 of those the last time they had them on sale. I swapped the green followers out with Magpul followers, and have used them without issue.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast