Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OKAY Mags Regular vs E2? What is E2? Best place to buy OKAY or NHTMG or Colt mags?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    Botach used to sell Okay magazines that they described as “bulk” or “loose” GI magazines (I forget what the exact term was). They were GI surplus Okay mags with the MILSPEC mint green follower, from before the Surefeed brand name was introduced to the commercial market. I think they just had a bunch left over from somewhere. For a while, they were still selling both types of Okays, but the surplus ones sold out a year or two ago.

The new “MILSPEC” Okay mags are kind of odd. They have 2013 stamped bodies with the old (original) Okay logo on them, like military mags, but they have baseplates with the new Surefeed logo on them, Magpul followers, and come in the Surefeed bag with the orange cardboard backing that says “MILSPEC” on the label. It looks like Okay had a bunch of GI magazine bodies left over, maybe from a government contract overrun or something, and they decided to finish them with their commercial market parts and sell them as a pseudo GI / MILSPEC variant.

The ones I just ordered have a date stamp of 7-13 on them. So yes I'd assume Okay has a ton of bodies stashed and put together a mag for the civie market.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My last bulk purchase (a few years ago) standard surefeed date code 8/15 gray follower. I love 'em!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is one of from my latest batch of Okay mags from Botach.Mag-I.jpg Mag-II.jpgMag-3.jpgMag-4.jpg
    Last edited by 10MMGary; 10-22-19 at 07:14. Reason: grammar
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234