Thread: LMT MWS 308 barrel question

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

LMT MWS 308 barrel question

So, I have the 16 inch CL barrel and want to buy a 20inch barrel. More velocity and better to do do head to head comparison with my 6.5 20inch barrel. My question is they offer a 1/10 CL barrel or a 1/11.25 SS barrel. Which would you buy?

I know in theory the SS should be more accurate. But Im concerned about shooting the 175's out of it and stabilizing.

Anyone have experience with either or both of these barrels? Which would you buy?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Not worth it.
    Last edited by Akhbar Bez; 09-02-19 at 19:09.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    How do you buy a barrel and not shoot a group. How was it zeroed for Gods sake.

More importantly, why change barrels the CL shoot sub MOA.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    So, I have the 16 inch CL barrel and want to buy a 20inch barrel. More velocity and better to do do head to head comparison with my 6.5 20inch barrel. My question is they offer a 1/10 CL barrel or a 1/11.25 SS barrel. Which would you buy?
    I know in theory the SS should be more accurate. But Im concerned about shooting the 175's out of it and stabilizing.
    Anyone have experience with either or both of these barrels? Which would you buy?
    No direct experience but since you're in Arizona, with mild to hot temps and I assume 2000ft or more of elevation, I expect 175s will stabilize just fine in a 1:11.25. Try this calculator:

https://bergerbullets.com/twist-rate-calculator/

If it were me I'd buy the CL anyway, but I don't think you need its 10 twist rate for stability.