Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M16A1'ish stock that will work on a carbine receiver extension???

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

M16A1'ish stock that will work on a carbine receiver extension???

Does anyone make an M16a1 form factor stock that will work on a regular carbine extension?

Ideal would be a stock the exact size and shape of an M16 a1 rear stock, but that just slid on a mil-spec carbine receiver extension tube.

Am familiar with the Magpul rifle stock, etc. besides being too long, I don't want to change the receiver extension to a rifle tube/buffer.

I guess my fall back will be to put something like a CTR or STR on it and cheek riser adapters

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’m not aware of what you seek, but might Also be interested.
    However, though supremely heavy and requiring changing the receiver extension (still CAR length), the Sully stock basically provides “the look” you describe. I keep one on hand for the next AWB.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've got an Colt original m16a1 stock/tub3/buffer, just dont want to have to change. And one application would be for a 308, so more tedious.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The RE tube is very easy to change and you already have the parts.

Why not just do it?

Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Ideal would be a stock the exact size and shape of an M16 a1 rear stock, but that just slid on a mil-spec carbine receiver extension tube.
    I've got an Colt original m16a1 stock/tub3/buffer, just dont want to have to change. And one application would be for a 308, so more tedious.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The MOE fixed carbine stock is close to what you want.

https://www.magpul.com/firearms-acce...uctColor=VO343

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    The MOE fixed carbine stock is close to what you want.

https://www.magpul.com/firearms-acce...uctColor=VO343
    Yep. Bomb proof too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Isn't the comb height on these collapsibles the same as the A1 stock? I assume you would have to install a riser there too.

I guess my fall back will be to put something like a CTR or STR on it and cheek riser adapters

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks all, good input.

Clint, immediate need is for an FDE 308. I don't want to start swapping parts until I know its reliable with the factory tube/buffer.

Easy answer is a CTR or MOE fixed.

Just curious if someone made a plug and play option. (Rifle stock for carbine tubes.)

I'm planning on using the A1 setup on an a 5.56 build, probably with a 16" barrel. (I like the balance/feel of carbine uppers on A1 lowers, weird, I know. Had one a while back, and got the bug to build another)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks all, good input.

Clint, immediate need is for an FDE 308. I don't want to start swapping parts until I know its reliable with the factory tube/buffer.

Easy answer is a CTR or MOE fixed.

Just curious if someone made a plug and play option. (Rifle stock for carbine tubes.)

I'm planning on using the A1 setup on an a 5.56 build, probably with a 16" barrel. (I like the balance/feel of carbine uppers on A1 lowers, weird, I know. Had one a while back, and got the bug to build another)
    Nope, not available. Should be though.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Vltor makes a A1 length fixed rifle stock that fits on mil-spec carbine tubes.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast