G&R Tactical
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Should I have body armor?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    Plus it give you a place to mount the next fetish...NVGs. Lol

Don't laugh... I bought one of the cheap Bushnell "Equinox" units, and it's addictive.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Don't laugh... I bought one of the cheap Bushnell "Equinox" units, and it's addictive.
    Lol. I hear ya. Iím waiting to finish buying cars for teenage girls then itís on to white phosphor dual tubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    I don't have much with which to compare it, but at across-the-backyard distances (<100') the Bushnell works really, really well.

Did I mention that it cost barely $100?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I don't have much with which to compare it, but at across-the-backyard distances (<100') the Bushnell works really, really well.

Did I mention that it cost barely $100?
    I hear ya. Itís all good. I got a PVS-14 WP for a customer and now Iím done for. Once you try it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    it's legal for you to buy armor plates.
    A jackass in California named Mike Honda introduced a bill to ban purchasing and ownership by non law enforcement people, but to my knowledge it hasn't gone anywhere.

I was checking into the armor plates and I had people tell me the same thing, that they only sell to LEO, but that's their policy and not the law. I found a few places that would sell to non LEO with no problems.
    I would check your local laws just to be sure of any limitations, just in case.

I opted for the steel plates. They're
    8 1/2 pounds each, which is manageable for me. The 11x14 plates I saw were 10 1/2 pounds each, that's a significant difference. I thought it would make more sense to get plates that would last forever, and since I'm no armor expert I figured the steel would do just that. I didn't want to buy something that could wear our or expire, especially if it's something that may be banned in the future.
    Also, I'd read up on the level 3+ plates instead of the level 3. They did something with the hardening process and the 3+ plates can stop the fast m193 55 grain rounds. The tests I saw showed the m193 going through the level 3 plates.

Level 3+ is an industry rating, not a rating given by the organization that certifies them. That being the case, I wouldn't trust level 3+ to have that heat treat from anyone but an established company.

Good luck in choosing

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112