G&R Tactical
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 76 of 76

Thread: Ejection Routes Inconsistent

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,065
    Feedback Score
    0
    Aside from just a smidge of bolt bounce, the operation looked fine in the video. Post a video of it failing. That would be more helpful. Don't be afraid to get the camera really close to the ejection port. Also, if you can string together a few shots (good or bad), it might show us more as well.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    57
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Aside from just a smidge of bolt bounce, the operation looked fine in the video. Post a video of it failing. That would be more helpful. Don't be afraid to get the camera really close to the ejection port. Also, if you can string together a few shots (good or bad), it might show us more as well.
    Rain ran me off today but I'm taking more video tomorrow. I had to crop the original but I got much closer with better lighting but the rain came in.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    625
    Feedback Score
    0
    Looking at your video and not knowing but taking a guess----I would guess the bolt is short stroking because of the heavy buffer. It does not look like the round is being taken off completely by the bolt. People might ask about the mag as it is a feeding issue but this is a Pmag, right?

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    57
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Looking at your video and not knowing but taking a guess----I would guess the bolt is short stroking because of the heavy buffer. It does not look like the round is being taken off completely by the bolt. People might ask about the mag as it is a feeding issue but this is a Pmag, right?
    P mags, K mags Crapco mags!! Aluminum, plastic, you name it. Nothing consistent. Ran through a full Gen3 a minute ago with no malfunctions. Made another vid. Really hard using phone since it will only take a .2 second super slo-mo (940fps), then might want to shift focus, then delay and not think anything is detected moving in the sensor square even though the bolt is running full balls. Maybe there is an app for that. My GoPro will shoot nonstop but only at 240fps @720 - not fast enough. Anyway, here it is and I'll keep trying....

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    N.E. OH
    Posts
    6,053
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    P mags, K mags Crapco mags!! Aluminum, plastic, you name it. Nothing consistent. Ran through a full Gen3 a minute ago with no malfunctions. Made another vid. Really hard using phone since it will only take a .2 second super slo-mo (940fps), then might want to shift focus, then delay and not think anything is detected moving in the sensor square even though the bolt is running full balls. Maybe there is an app for that. My GoPro will shoot nonstop but only at 240fps @720 - not fast enough. Anyway, here it is and I'll keep trying....
    Yea- need slow-motion of the jam. Even at 240fps, you can slow to 1/8 or 1/16 and see whats going on. Last round looked like it ejected weak, but really hard to tell from that vid.

    Edit if you have an iphone, take slowmo at 240 and use imovie to slow it down.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-28-19 at 15:16.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    625
    Feedback Score
    0
    Do you have a normal carbine spring, a H1, H2 and H3 buffer or do you add and subtract weights making up your own as I do? I remain curious how it functions with the H1 or H2 buffer and the blue spring.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •