Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele G2S Creep?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
    Update:

I decided to send my G2S back into Geissele after all, got it back this week and installed it yesterday, it's MUCH better.
    Very predictable break now without the weird creep I was getting every 4th or 5th pull.

Heres what they did:

"To recap you RMA we paired a new trigger body and hammer to ensure a smooth take up and the carrot like break profile of the G2S. I will have your trigger brought down to shipping and on its way back to you shortly."

Thanks all who commented.
    Good to hear. There are way too many people here that tell others to basically “just deal with it” regarding all types of issues as long as the gun functions. That’s BS.
    Hey I have a GS2-E and it has a very crisp break identical to my SD-E. You don’t spend the money on a Geissele to get a trigger with creep....you buy one to NOT have that. I expected them to take care of you and I’m glad to hear they did.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    I know this thread is getting old, but I thought I would add my 2 cents. My SSA-E model is giving me "doubles" quite often. If this happens one more time, I'm going to remove it and go back to the LaRue trigger. Judging from these posts, Geissele's QC has gone down quite a bit (hit or miss).

Feedback Score

Geissele G2S Creep?

Quote Originally Posted by Packrat1947 View Post
    I know this thread is getting old, but I thought I would add my 2 cents. My SSA-E model is giving me "doubles" quite often. If this happens one more time, I'm going to remove it and go back to the LaRue trigger. Judging from these posts, Geissele's QC has gone down quite a bit (hit or miss).
    Have you checked the tolerances of your lower trigger pin holes? It could be tolerance stackup that the Larue tolerates.

Did you use their trigger pins or another set? Check diameters.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!
    Last edited by lordmorgul; 10-11-19 at 15:11.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Contact them to check sear engagement.

Feedback Score
    The trigger worked fine for the first 100 shots or so. Now it is failing a couple of times on a 10 rnd mag. I've had Jewells, Millazzo-Kreigers, LaRue MBT-2S, and a few other good triggers. This one has an issue for sure. I may send it back or just throw it away. I'm just shooting off a bench and am following through OK. So it is not a bump stock type issue.Trigger complaint.jpg This is two groups of "doubles" at 56 yds in the backyard today. I just quit then.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I sent a SSA-E back in and had it replaced. It had gained half a pound of pull weight. I thought I had a double with it, so I pulled it and sent it back in.

Feedback Score
    Thanks taekwondopreacher. I will send it back for evaluation. If I just used my single-shot adapter, I wouldn't have an issue. Single-shot adapter.jpg

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I really like my MBT's, they are my go to triggers, I really like my Geissele SD-E, but at the different price points I'll take the MBT's.

Having said that, my experiences with Geissele have lead me to believe that they go above and beyond to make sure their products perform like they should and to keep you happy.

Call them, tell them your trigger is doubling and see what they say, I'll bet you'll get an RMA to send it back to them.

Good luck.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Send your trigger back to the manufacturer and allow them to replace it. They will probably send you one that is on the high (or low) side of their acceptable tolerances to work with your rifle.

Alternatively - send it back, sell the unused replacement on the EE, and then buy a cassette trigger.

Keeping a trigger that is known to be problematic brings too much risk when the mitigation requires only a free e-mail.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-12-19 at 06:54.

Feedback Score
    Thanks 26, I will call them Monday. They always have a setup at Camp Perry each year. But that is still a long way off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast