Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geissele G2S Creep?

Feedback Score

Geissele G2S Creep?

Hey all, could not find a thread discussing this topic.

I recently installed a G2S in a Colt lower and noticed that I have a slight bit of creep before the trigger breaks the second stage.

For some context, I have an SSA-E that breaks very clean (my favorite trigger) and 2x Larue MBT-2S that also break very clean.

I emailed Geissele and they offered to have me send it back in for them to take a look, but before I do I just wanted to get a gut check to see if my expectations are in line.

I've got about 350 rounds through the trigger and it "seems" like its getting better.

The occurence is not consistent, about 1 out of 5 pulls I get the creep and it seems to happen more when I shoot from reset.

Just for giggles, I removed it from the gun, cleaned it real well, re-lubed the pins and re-installed it. Still happens.

It's not like a BAD creep, maybe 2mm it's but enough for me to notice it and be annoyed when making more precise shots.

Anyone else with a G2S experience this? Is it just normal for this trigger?

Thanks in advance.

M-

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    This is normal IME. I have a couple G2S and also the predecessor S2S. Apart from the D-clip retaining method you also get a lower standard of sear grinding - still VERY high, but not SSA and up high. Mine have smoothed out a lot after a couple hundred pulls. I also installed a S2S for a friend which has basically an SSA pull from the start.

If you like Geissele but don't want to pay $240 (FYI, sale this weekend, haven't checked what triggers are today) I think this is your trade off. If you don't have a strong brand preference, Larue's MBT-2S for $87 is a really compelling alternative.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    This is normal IME. I have a couple G2S and also the predecessor S2S. Apart from the D-clip retaining method you also get a lower standard of sear grinding - still VERY high, but not SSA and up high. Mine have smoothed out a lot after a couple hundred pulls. I also installed a S2S for a friend which has basically an SSA pull from the start.

If you like Geissele but don't want to pay $240 (FYI, sale this weekend, haven't checked what triggers are today) I think this is your trade off. If you don't have a strong brand preference, Larue's MBT-2S for $87 is a really compelling alternative.
    Thanks for the confirmation, this is what I suspected. Maybe I bought into all the "No different than the SSA" hype.

FWIW (see above) I do have a couple of Larue MBT-2S triggers. I got one at $87 then another when they went down to $80.
    Kinda of a no-brainer for me going forward. At that price it's phenomenally good trigger. (and no creep, breaks very clean)

Happy Labor Day (and Happy Dorian Day for those of you down in FL like me

Feedback Score
    The few G2S triggers I have don't have any creep, and never did.

Feedback Score
    I have three of them and they all feel the same, but I’ve never felt an SSA-E so won’t comment on comparison.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
    FWIW (see above) I do have a couple of Larue MBT-2S triggers. I got one at $87 then another when they went down to $80. Kinda of a no-brainer for me going forward. At that price it's phenomenally good trigger. (and no creep, breaks very clean)
    Yeah I missed that note somehow, oops. I find the value of the MBT-2S astounding. I used to own something like 10-12 Geissele triggers. I still have 6 or so of them. I had the SSA-E and SD-E at various times but found the second stage too light for my purposes. Some people think the Larue is heavy-ish but I don't, I find it and the SSA/G2S perfect. I don't find any real functional difference between the MBT and SSA. The SSA has a more robust disconnector attachment, but it's made from a casting (albeit a very high quality casting) vs. Larue's S7 steel plates. Since both companies are known for making consistently high quality products I don't see any strong reason to favor one over the other, except price.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My G2S had excess creep in one lower receiver. It is fine/nice/clean in other lowers and is permanently installed in my LMT SPM14.

I recommend letting Giessele take care of you and exchange it. Tolerance stacking is real and the next trigger will probably be great in that rifle.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 09-04-19 at 07:44. Reason: I was rambling...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I sent an SSA-E back for warranty and they replaced it. The sear engagement was minimal. I would prefer to err very heavily on the side of safety.

Feedback Score
    Update:

I decided to send my G2S back into Geissele after all, got it back this week and installed it yesterday, it's MUCH better.
    Very predictable break now without the weird creep I was getting every 4th or 5th pull.

Heres what they did:

"To recap you RMA we paired a new trigger body and hammer to ensure a smooth take up and the carrot like break profile of the G2S. I will have your trigger brought down to shipping and on its way back to you shortly."

Thanks all who commented.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
    Update:

I decided to send my G2S back into Geissele after all, got it back this week and installed it yesterday, it's MUCH better.
    Very predictable break now without the weird creep I was getting every 4th or 5th pull.
    Excellent, and thank you for the update.

Andy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast