Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: MOS mounting reliability

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    There are some variables unkown here.

Thread size? Recoil Lugs (how many, and size)? How many threads do the threads engage on those plates?

I've got over 600rds on mine now and will soon put it through a 800rd 2 day class towards the end of September.
    Recoil Lugs: 2. Plus a more secure plate to rds fit delivering some of the recoil to the frame of the optic, recoil lugs and screws.

Threads engaged: 7 I believe, compared to 3 in the OEM setup.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven’t had any problems with my MOS glocks. I have however started to buy C&H precision mounting plates for both the RMR and Leupold DeltaPoint pro. I think it is a solid system that is more efficient and stronger than the MOS stock plates.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomba07 View Post
    I haven’t had any problems with my MOS glocks. I have however started to buy C&H precision mounting plates for both the RMR and Leupold DeltaPoint pro. I think it is a solid system that is more efficient and stronger than the MOS stock plates.
    Me Strongly Agrees with you and others on the C&H Precision Glock MOS plate for RMR/H507c and other plates designed to fit other MRDS applications to Glock MOS system
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    Me Strongly Agrees with you and others on the C&H Precision Glock MOS plate for RMR/H507c and other plates designed to fit other MRDS applications to Glock MOS system
    They are great. I suppose if Glock started making plates like this it would increase the overall cost of the pistol. It sucks but I guess that’s why the aftermarket exists.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    They are great. I suppose if Glock started making plates like this it would increase the overall cost of the pistol. It sucks but I guess that’s why the aftermarket exists.
    This is my first MOS pistol. 2 M&P9's were milled by Doug and Crew at ATEI Guns. They are ROCK SOLID too.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    This is my first MOS pistol. 2 M&P9's were milled by Doug and Crew at ATEI Guns. They are ROCK SOLID too.
    All of my glocks are now MOS. I wanted to get the non MOS pistols milled, but at the time the lead times were pretty long. I hear ATEI does amazing work.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    All of my glocks are now MOS. I wanted to get the non MOS pistols milled, but at the time the lead times were pretty long. I hear ATEI does amazing work.
    For just slide work, turn around isn't that long. I have had a 4 week from my hands back to my hands on slide work. When they do their End of Year sale, turnaround is longer. Victory First is working with ATEI for all their slide work too.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    Help me get off the fence.
    I carry a G3 19 and in my mid 50’s now so old eyeballs.
    Want to transition to a 19 with RMR type 2
    Options
    New MOS G5
    Cut existing slide and refinish
    Buy aftermarket slide and move parts around.

Money isn’t the driving factor but don’t need another gun necessarily (I know heresy)

What’s the best option?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Dobie;2771579]Help me get off the fence.
    I carry a G3 19 and in my mid 50’s now so old eyeballs.
    Want to transition to a 19 with RMR type 2
    Options
    New MOS G5
    Cut existing slide and refinish
    Buy aftermarket slide and move parts around.

Money isn’t the driving factor but don’t need another gun necessarily (I know heresy)

Me personally, in the past I’ve sold my non-MOS glocks for gen 5 mos glocks, 19,17,34 and now the 45. I personally feel that the gen 5 trigger is the best Glock trigger available, even when compared to aftermarket options for gens 1-4 (my opinion)
    Sending the slide off to get milled May take some time if you’re going through a reputable company
    Buying a new slide is almost as much as a new gun (depending on what slide you’re looking at)

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    It made it though a 2 Vickers Advanced Handgun Class, no issues.

I'm up to 1,400-1,500 rds on this setup now with no issues.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast