Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS mounting reliability

Feedback Score

MOS mounting reliability

I have an MOS and a g19 milled by atei.
    One of the mounting plate screws (plate-to-slide) just broke around 3k rds.
    The atei has more than double that with no issues.

Anyone else have an issue w/mos? Did I torque the screws too much?

Looking for input before reinstalling. I did blue locktite, using factory screws. Ill be using battwerks screws for the plate this time (already had the battleworks screws for rmr-to-plate).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Does the plate fit the slide better? The problem was my screw sheared.
    Maybe i should bed the plate with blue locktite?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    This,

I used this to mount my RMR06 on a G19 MOS Gen 5 slide. Rock solid mount. I have no actual rounds under it yet. Recently acquired.

They have threaded posts that are part of the mounting solution RMR to plate. You use their supplied fasteners to mount RMR to plate.

You end up with 4 recoil lugs holding the MRDS in place during recoil. The company says more threads are being used to secure your optic to the plate.

My 2 M&P's were milled by Doug and Crew at ATEI
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Does the plate fit the slide better? The problem was my screw sheared.
    Maybe i should bed the plate with blue locktite?
    Screws sheared on the plate to slide, or on the optic to plate?
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Let me guess, left screw (looking from rear of gun forward)?

That happened to our lead range masters MOS. A couple thousand rounds in. Replace Glock MOS with high strength screws worth a $hit. Battlewerx or generic as long as you know the thread pitch etc. c&H plate seems to be doing well for him as well.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    To answer both questions above- the sheared screw was a plate-to-slide screw.
    Ejection port side. Right side when looking down sights.

Got it out (drilled it out and used an extractor) and replaced with full-length screws (factory).
    Lock-tighted everything, including the plate with blue- we will see.

I definately recommend a fit custom milling at this point ( atei pro-cut).
    I would have gone this route to begin with if glock had a g19 with no grip cut and had the front serrations at the time.

Edit: the broken screw:
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-02-19 at 21:57.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Interesting. For me, it was optic to plate. I don’t know that a C&H plate will be a solution, but I bet non-Glock screws will help. They seem to have really skimped for whatever reason.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    It’s really a shame that Glock solution to topics mounting is so cheap. That said, my budget ATEi universal cut is fantastic, my guess is that it’s as good as other companies that don’t offer two different cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ATEI uses larger and more robust screws than the OEM that come with the RMR.

The problem at hand is not unique to MOS so this has nothing to do with Glock or cheap. I've seen optic to plate and plate to slide problems with other brands, including SIG/Springer and CZ/CZC. For the number of MOS guns running without problems, it is an infrequent event. It is a problem of having to use an adapter plate. Whenever you're limited in screw depths and diameters, you'll have things happen occasionally.

Another thing that happens is people over-torquing and stressing the life out of those screws. More doesn't always mean better. Investing into a decent torque screw driver is not a bad idea.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast