Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS mounting reliability

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    The ones for the RMR are a 1/16th hex and the plate to the slide should be 5/64th.

Over 500rds now. No loosening or loss of zero.
    Thank you sir.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Agency Arms can make a cut on an MOS slide, not sure on others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you

Feedback Score
    I use an ultrasonic cleaner when I clean my firearms. One thing that was nice before I switched over to a red dot on my carry pistol (G19.5MOS) was I could just throw the slide in the tank and dry the firing pin channel out when it was done.

With the RMR that’s no longer an option. So now I remove the the RMR before the tank. Hex head screws are ok, but Torx are better. I ordered these from McMaster Carr https://www.mcmaster.com/94414a148 I had to cut them down to properly mount the RMR. I’m guessing you could get 3/8” and just not have as many threads holding your optic on?

I shoot my 19 at least weekly and it’s on me every time I go out the door of the house. After every range session it gets cleaned. I’ve only been carrying it since February. I haven’t had any problems yet.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Henny; 09-09-19 at 06:47.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfbpt View Post
    Design yes but the material makes the Glock mos plate the better option
    C&H uses aluminum and Glock is a cast material.

If C&H aluminum is of lesser quality than Glock's cast, why is it approved by so many agencies for use on duty guns?
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    C&H uses aluminum and Glock is a cast material.

If C&H aluminum is of lesser quality than Glock's cast, why is it approved by so many agencies for use on duty guns?
    The Glock plate is mim steel and beside the bosses lacks the front and rear support of a milled pocket. The C&H plate is aluminum but does have front and rear support. My problem is with the material C&H uses. With a violently reciprocating slide how long do you trust the C&H plate secured to the alloy plate. I also question their claim of agencies using their plates. From what I understand the stock mos is all that is approved by most agencies and very few will even ok a slide to be properly milled let alone install an aluminum plate. If C&H would manufacturer their plate out of steel I truly believe they would have a bad ass product and I would grab one in a heart beat it’s the aluminum that is the deal breaker for me.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfbpt View Post
    The Glock plate is mim steel and beside the bosses lacks the front and rear support of a milled pocket. The C&H plate is aluminum but does have front and rear support. My problem is with the material C&H uses. With a violently reciprocating slide how long do you trust the C&H plate secured to the alloy plate. I also question their claim of agencies using their plates. From what I understand the stock mos is all that is approved by most agencies and very few will even ok a slide to be properly milled let alone install an aluminum plate. If C&H would manufacturer their plate out of steel I truly believe they would have a bad ass product and I would grab one in a heart beat it’s the aluminum that is the deal breaker for me.
    C&H plate mounted to an alloy plate? That’s too many plates. Not sure you know what your talking about.

I personally know one agency vetting the C&H plate as they have had failures with the MOS. It would not surprise me if a number of other agencies are doing the same. So again, maybe what you understand is wrong.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    C&H plate mounted to an alloy plate? That’s too many plates. Not sure you know what your talking about.

I personally know one agency vetting the C&H plate as they have had failures with the MOS. It would not surprise me if a number of other agencies are doing the same. So again, maybe what you understand is wrong.
    I meant to say rmr mounted to an alloy plate (C&H)

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics is an Agency Arms supported shooter. He recently set up a Glock with the MOS.
    He too now is a C&H proponent over the mim plate from Glock. He mentioned nothing about AA doing any milling to the MOS slides.
    My G19.5 MOS slide is my first MOS slide. I can switch between my 19, 19x, and 45.
    C&H also says you don't need the sealing plate with their RMR plate.
    Price difference for a G17.5 basic and a G17.5 MOS basic is 79 bucks. $65.00 for the C&H plate & $$ Sights
    Universal cut for RMR @ateiguns is $80.00 plus optional sights, refinish and rear sight dovetail options.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics is an Agency Arms supported shooter. He recently set up a Glock with the MOS.
    He too now is a C&H proponent over the mim plate from Glock. He mentioned nothing about AA doing any milling to the MOS slides.
    My G19.5 MOS slide is my first MOS slide. I can switch between my 19, 19x, and 45.
    C&H also says you don't need the sealing plate with their RMR plate.
    Price difference for a G17.5 basic and a G17.5 MOS basic is 79 bucks. $65.00 for the C&H plate & $$ Sights
    Universal cut for RMR @ateiguns is $80.00 plus optional sights, refinish and rear sight dovetail options.
    Brilliance.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast