Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: School Me On Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 .45 Pistols

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Well, the MEs at one of the nation's largest cities have apparently missed the base ogive theory of matching bullets to bullet holes in people. They will not testify under oath or via an autopsy report.
    So your high speed MEs won’t say X bullet weigh so many grams and consistent with Y caliber was retrieved from Z deceased?

Seems legit......

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Yes, I've heard of a few issues with some of the Safariland options IIRC. Annoying, but not a total deal killer.
    Thanks for the overall input. Funny story- I actually started out my pistoleering adventures with a .40 XDm...

Per this thread as a whole-
    There seems to be some sort of weird misconception that I'm ditching 9mm for .45.
    I don't know why that is...
    If it helps put some of the caliber nerd minds at ease before this thread turns into another 9 vs 45 debate, I'm also seriously considering a G48 for EDC. So there.

I recently spent some time with a friends
    .45 M2.0. I shot it back to back with my first gen (pictured). It really wasn't a fair comparison as my gun has a some work done. All stock internals but worked over by Dan Burwell before Apex was even a thought. Dan published a tutorial on his trigger work and the Apex sear looks about identical to Dan's version.

I loved the M2.0 grip texture compared to first gen. The example I shot was bone stock and had a thousand or so rounds through it. There was no grittiness to the trigger. It felt good to me and I could definitely live with it. I like the distinct wall that the M&P sear provides. The .45 has always been my favorite M&P. It's like they were made for each other.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    So your high speed MEs won’t say X bullet weigh so many grams and consistent with Y caliber was retrieved from Z deceased?

Seems legit......
    They can do that. What they can't do is tell which caliber it was that made the wound.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    They can do that. What they can't do is tell which caliber it was that made the wound.
    Are you trying me?
    Seriously.

If they take a bullet out proximal to entry with no exit wound then it is pretty safe to say that is the bullet that killed him.

It's thugicide. Not the freeking Kennedy Assassination with magic bullets and alleged CIA kill teams.

Anything past an "ooh silly me. You're right" will be taken as an affront.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The best thing about .45 ACP is that even if the bullet fails to expand you still made a .45 inch hole in the bad guy.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    The best thing about .45 ACP is that even if the bullet fails to expand you still made a .45 inch hole in the bad guy.
    And a .356 inch hole will kill the bad guy just as quickly. Or not.

N.B. to Firefly above: Perhaps I was not clear or misunderstood the issue. If the question is, Can a professional looking at a gunshot wound tell the caliber or type of bullet that made it, the answer is, no.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Not commenting on the OP, as I have no experience with the M&P M2.0 in 45, but...

Uni-Vibe and Firefly are talking past each other.

I don't know who Bill Allard is, but I know who Gary Roberts is, and I know that most guys who carry 45s today who know anything about terminal ballistics reality do so because they're carrying 1911s (and 9mm has been making pretty big inroads there over the last five years or so).

Obviously having a 45 Auto handgun to run 45 Super or convert to 460 Rowland for the woods is a totally different can of worms than carrying a 45 Auto on da stretes.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Not commenting on the OP, as I have no experience with the M&P M2.0 in 45, but...

Uni-Vibe and Firefly are talking past each other.

I don't know who Bill Allard is, but I know who Gary Roberts is, and I know that most guys who carry 45s today who know anything about terminal ballistics reality do so because they're carrying 1911s (and 9mm has been making pretty big inroads there over the last five years or so).

Obviously having a 45 Auto handgun to run 45 Super or convert to 460 Rowland for the woods is a totally different can of worms than carrying a 45 Auto on da stretes.
    In all fairness, 45 is rather fun suppressed.

Twenty something me really fell hard for .45 as I had no real choice and wanted my personal gun to reflect duty caliber. I have personally seen that caliber put folks in the dirt though. (To be fair, so has .32 and .380)

These days I just carry a 9mm with critical duty. And any future 1911 I get will be 9mm.

I hunt with a 10mm though and have been so turned off towards M&P it isn’t funny.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a question for you, have we even seen "experts" wrong before? Choose your caliber wisely especially if your life is on the line. If I have my druthers is will be a rifle ;-)
    You only get one shot to make a lasting impression. *** Make it a good one!

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I had a LEO trade in M&P45 1.0. I put APEX duty carry kit in it to help the trigger. It shot good, better than me but the grip was too slick and just didn't feel good in my hand. M&P9's feel awesome.
    Traded the M&P45 off for a G21 and never looked back. My 1911 is a 9mm.
    I have M&P 2.0 Compact, Shield 1.0 and M&P9 1.0 FS with an RMR milled in slide.
    While I have loved the G45/19/19x, G17 don.t balance like an M&P9 FS for me.

The M&P45 grip from front to back just didn't feel good, 2.0 texture may help that issue, but I'm not looking at them
    Maybe a M&P9 2.0 FS, because I have a set of Trijicon HD/XR sights that need to go on 1.

Back in the mid 70's the BHP was reliable with FMJ and the Fed 9BP or Rem 115JHP. 357mag and 38 Spec JHP were good and I carried a 1911 in 45acp, Speer 200gr JHP nickname the flying ashtray.
    9mm has come a long way, but I still roll with the fat boy 45acp sometimes.
    9mm GDHP and HST are in all my 9mm mags, 124 & 147gr
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast