Thread: School Me On Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 .45 Pistols

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

School Me On Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 .45 Pistols

Everything on the search seems to be for the older 1.0 models from years ago, and 10 pages back here has yielded no results so...
    For people that own or knowledgeable about the new 2.0 .45 cal models I have some questions about size and performance (that's what she said);

Performance, IIRC, the old 1.0 was considered a pretty great .45 polymer option. How does the 2.0 stack up? Accuracy issues? Reliability? Ammo compatibility/feeding issues? Shootability/control/handling with .45 in a light polymer gun like the M&P?

How's the the trigger VS the old 1.0 ; workable or am I going to have to immediately buy a DCAEK? What would the current 2.0 trigger be comparable to- better or worse than a Glock?
    I really hated the old 1.0 triggers, and an Apex kit was mandatory, so curious how much they've been "fixed" on the 2.0 model.

Fullsize Vs Compact- I feel like I'm missing something here...
    On all the retail sites and Smith's web page they say it's a whole 1/2" difference in barrel length? Da fuq? So how does the grip length play out? I see they BOTH state 10 rd mags, and I only see 1 10-rd .45 mag option on Smith's site, so...
    Does the mag on the Compact .45 protrude a bit below the grip?
    Do I need one of those stupid spacers for it to work right?
    If so, why the hell would I buy the compact, since the grip OAL with mag will be the same anyway?
    I genuinely don't understand this... Anyone have a side-by side picture of the grips?

Reason for interest- always wanted a .45 cal gun, the M&P .45 seemed to get good reviews in past for performance, and anti-ban insurance, since it's a 10-rd option, and I may not be in a "free" state forever.... and also Wilson Combat 1911's are 3-4K so, my dreams have been crushed there...
    My second wish-list .45 is the FNX, but for $7-1200, I feel like the M&P might be the better buy, even if I have to eventually get an Apex kit...But I know nothing about the 2.0 guns...
    Last edited by Jellybean; 09-02-19 at 13:30.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment