Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fortis LW enhanced end plate and castle nut

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    It looks nice. Hope it holds up for you. May I suggest a drop of Loctite as an extra measure?
    Yeah makes sense, probably drop in some blue as an extra measure. But they claimed it wasn't necessary and these things have a zero failure rate at this point.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Castle nuts should be staked in 2 places. For gaming and recreational ARs, you may have more tolerance for malfunctions from not following established best practices, but don't take your chances on defense and duty ARs.
    Yea.. It looks like an expensive solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...t_ep_64-1.html

No disrespect meant for Fortis, I was writing in general terms.

In the article above, I made a reference to a thread Will (Iraggunz) started. This wasn't the only time I referenced threads on M4C, my forum time is reduced compared to what it used to be (with more time taken up with social media stuff), this is the only place I feel like contributing what info I have. I just can't bother posting stuff on sites whose members recommend Stroke Industries products.

Will would have a field day in this post, alas he's now observing from above, way above. I wouldn't use thread locker on castle nuts.
    Last edited by Duffy; 09-03-19 at 19:54.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.co...t_ep_64-1.html

No disrespect meant for Fortis, I was writing in general terms.

In the article above, I made a reference to a thread Will (Iraggunz) started. This wasn't the only time I referenced threads on M4C, my forum time is reduced compared to what it used to be (with more time taken up with social media stuff), this is the only place I feel like contributing what info I have. I just can't bother posting stuff on sites whose member recommend Stroke Industries products.

Will would have a field day in this post, alas he's now observing from above, way above. I wouldn't use thread locker on castle nuts.
    Yep, concerns duly noted. This is ironic and almost funny--because ordinarily *I'm* the guy making the 'stick with what is tried, true, and well debugged' argument. The only thing that made me willing to to try something new is that I already have my H.D. and Recce type rifles dialed in (including properly staked castle nuts, etc.), and I wanted to try a few new things on this rifle, and also go for a more LW upper. All the parts are pretty standard/quality stuff, and the upper will be a BCM barrel and handguard, but I've had good luck with Fortis in the past, and was interested in the design and concept of this castle nut. So will try it out, not opposed to innovation--may Eugene Stoner forgive me. :-) Easy enough to throw a regular castle nut on there and stake later, if needed. I'm also departing on this lower from my usual Geissele triggers and trying the Schmid 2-stage that Sionics sells--another item that I'm going to run as a test for a while before putting into potential defensive use.

ETA: BTW, I like FCD parts too. :-) Just bought one of your flash hiders to use with my upper.
    Last edited by maximus83; 09-03-19 at 16:22.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Cool

Thank you

I like new things when they bring about improvements, which in the AR arena, are rather hard to come by. Improvements we make are mostly evolutionary, a system that's seen development in the last 60 some years just doesn't have much left to improve on.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12