Thread: Holosun 420G? NO, information....?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Holosun 420G? NO, information....?

Thinking about buying one of these laser/light modules. Priced similarly to the Dbal.....BUT, I can't find any information about them hardly at all. I saw one review video on Youtube and that's it, no articles, nothing....they've been out for over a year or more....Anyone with any info?
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looks like a Holosun PEQ16. I'm a huge fan of a dedicated whitelight as opposed to one integrated within the unit. That's just my preference though.

One of the biggest turn offs to all Holosun lasers (I've considered the L321G and the L221G's) is the inability for them to work with L3 Insight switches. So my Surefire SR07Dual and Unity Tactical switches all won't work with the Holosun. If you want a switch, your only option is their goofy setup, or use the manual button on the top.
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoneOne View Post
    Looks like a Holosun PEQ16. I'm a huge fan of a dedicated whitelight as opposed to one integrated within the unit. That's just my preference though.

One of the biggest turn offs to all Holosun lasers (I've considered the L321G and the L221G's) is the inability for them to work with L3 Insight switches. So my Surefire SR07Dual and Unity Tactical switches all won't work with the Holosun. If you want a switch, your only option is their goofy setup, or use the manual button on the top.
    Yea, the separate white light is something I have thought about a lot and not really come to a decision about.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Yea, the separate white light is something I have thought about a lot and not really come to a decision about.
    I've ran PEQ14s and PEQ16s, both with the user enhanced white lights and I always found myself running a dedicated white light. Integrated units wind up doing the white light poorly. Add in the fact that Holosun has a proprietary switch and how would you even activate it?

No idea what you're using it for, but having a white light go off at night under nods could ruin your hog hunt, etc.

The new Elite line may wind up accepting a L3 Insight switch, but I have no idea. Maybe someone that's ran them can chime in.

EDIT - If the cheaper VIS/IR models from Holosun LS321g and 221g took the L3/Insight pressure pad, I'd own one if not two and just leave them on rifles I don't use that much.
    Last edited by ZoneOne; 09-03-19 at 11:45.
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've ran PEQ14s and PEQ16s, both with the user enhanced white lights and I always found myself running a dedicated white light. Integrated units wind up doing the white light poorly. Add in the fact that Holosun has a proprietary switch and how would you even activate it?

No idea what you're using it for, but having a white light go off at night under nods could ruin your hog hunt, etc.

The new Elite line may wind up accepting a L3 Insight switch, but I have no idea. Maybe someone that's ran them can chime in.

EDIT - If the cheaper VIS/IR models from Holosun LS321g and 221g took the L3/Insight pressure pad, I'd own one if not two and just leave them on rifles I don't use that much.
    Holosun is a fairly innovative company. I'm sure they have heard the L3 Switch issue complaint and are working on it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Holosun 420G? NO, information....?

Holosun reached out to me and stated their new LS321G does work with a standard Crane lead. So the L3/Insight switch will work. Meaning you can run a Surefire dual switch or Unity Tactical options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ZoneOne; 09-06-19 at 12:53.
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Holosun reached out to me and stated their new LS321G does work with a standard Crane lead. So the L3/Insight switch will work. Meaning you can run a Surefire dual switch or Unity Tactical options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow, that's great....Regardless of which way I go, another option is good.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Wow, that's great....Regardless of which way I go, another option is good.
    Yeah now I'm looking for a LS321G or LS221G if I can find a deal on them.
    LEO 2012 - Current