Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Sig P365 mags are good to go

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Which Sig P365 mags are good to go

Have a Sig P365 sitting in jail (new WA state background check period), planning to get a few mags at CDNN.

Besides the 10rd, which of the other OEM mags have folks tested/used? Are the 12rd and 15rd also reliable?

Also interested to hear which size folks are carrying vs using for reloads.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I only use the 12 round mags in the gun as I don’t care for the short grip with the 10 round mags. I’ve never had an issue with any of my 10 or 12 round mags. I haven’t bought any 15 round mags. I’ll get a few for the glovebox when they become more available. David

Feedback Score
    Ive had no trouble with the 10 or 12 rounders. I've not tried the 15s but have not heard any negative reports on them.

Feedback Score
    I have two ten and two twelve round magazines. They all function well. I initially used an Uplula to load. Springs are pretty stiff for old arthritic hands.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by N9zye View Post
    I have two ten and two twelve round magazines. They all function well. I initially used an Uplula to load. Springs are pretty stiff for old arthritic hands.
    I agree on the stiff springs part...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    2 10's, 2 12's and a 15....no issues with any of them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdacbob View Post
    2 10's, 2 12's and a 15....no issues with any of them.
    Did running the 15 (because it's kind of long/unwieldy relative to the size of the pistol) alter your grip good or bad vs the other mag sizes? Given the size/bulk of the 15rd, do you see it as a legit option to carry as a reload when carrying a subcompact and often lighter/thinner attire along with it?

Feedback Score
    I’ve got one of the15 round magazines, follower stuck into the mag release cut out the first time I tried it. Then ran flawlessly after.

No issues with my 10’s or 12’s.

12’s are my favorite.

Good luck getting that 15th round into the 15 round magazine!

I think the 15 is a viable option for a back up magazine. Don’t notice much of a change in the grip when using it.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    They're all fine. The mag is the key to this gun and one of the parts that Sig seems to have nailed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ^Fair enough. Been looking around elsewhere too--reviews and other reputable forums including PF (which has a long-running P365 thread)--and it seems like there's a strong consensus that the mags are reliable in all capacities.

Also, it seems like the early teething issues that were reported when the P365 was first released, have been debugged too. So that, and the fact that when I tested one at the range I could shoot it as well as my Gen 2 Shield on the first time out, has gotten me to the point of adopting it for carry. Right now I'm testing it against my Shield, plan to run about 1K rounds thru both. If the Sig has no major issues and is at least as reliable and accurate as the Shield, I'll go with it due to capacity alone. But also because I prefer the excellent factory sights, and the trigger. An interesting thing about the Sig trigger is that, unlike the Gen 2 Shield, I can press the Sig trigger without any noticeable movement of the sights. This has always been a challenge with the Shield's trigger, and though improved it's still there in Gen 2. Sure you can improve your Shield trigger press with training and dry fire, but I could never completely eliminate sight movement with the Shield trigger. With the Sig's trigger design, that issue is eliminated for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast