Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Walmart

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Holy bat shit, NASCAR WAS as American as Apple Pie, now they are following the Pied Piper of anti-2A preachers!
    They were always turning left.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I was thinking, we should get every gun owner we can in America to buy 1 share of Walmart. And then create a non-profit "investment" vehicle and get every gun owner we can to donate enough to buy a buttload of Walmart shares in this investment vehicle. Then we can put forth resolutions at the stockholder meetings, and maybe get enough to get a seat on the board. Then you can start stirring up the cr*p.

Unfortunately, this is a pipe dream. We could never get enough gun owners to buy in either on individual shares or in the investment vehicle, and with the current share price and number of outstanding shares, the numbers are too big.

But the idea is sound in theory -- force yourself onto the public stage and confront them on the public stage of their shareholder meetings. Expose the emperor for who he is and what he is wearing.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Was in Walmart yesterday and saw some 9mm ammo in their ammo cabinet. After cyphering the cost per round, I picked up 300 rounds of the Winchester "brown" box ammo. It felt great to be operating covertly behind enemy line with my J frame and spare speedloader.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    I was thinking, we should get every gun owner we can in America to buy 1 share of Walmart. And then create a non-profit "investment" vehicle and get every gun owner we can to donate enough to buy a buttload of Walmart shares in this investment vehicle. Then we can put forth resolutions at the stockholder meetings, and maybe get enough to get a seat on the board. Then you can start stirring up the cr*p.

Unfortunately, this is a pipe dream. We could never get enough gun owners to buy in either on individual shares or in the investment vehicle, and with the current share price and number of outstanding shares, the numbers are too big.

But the idea is sound in theory -- force yourself onto the public stage and confront them on the public stage of their shareholder meetings. Expose the emperor for who he is and what he is wearing.
    The numbers aren't as bad as you may expect.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...r-shareholders Some nuns bought $2000 of Ruger stock.

The article says shareholder resolutions with 5% support can have an impact.

The key difference is that these social justice organizations have been at this for decades and have the system figured out. They have huge volunteer bases and collectively work with each other. Institutional investors are on their side.

Gunowners trying to do the same thing are essentially starting from scratch. They could get a leg up by researching what these organizations are doing. But, in the end, the lone wolf mentality, "I sent my $20 to GAO," and all-or-nothing outcome expectations will be the failure points.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Was in Walmart yesterday and saw some 9mm ammo in their ammo cabinet. After cyphering the cost per round, I picked up 300 rounds of the Winchester "brown" box ammo. It felt great to be operating covertly behind enemy line with my J frame and spare speedloader.
    Sportsman's Guide ad by John Lovell beginning at 0:42

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    Gunowners trying to do the same thing are essentially starting from scratch. They could get a leg up by researching what these organizations are doing. But, in the end, the lone wolf mentality, "I sent my $20 to GAO," and all-or-nothing outcome expectations will be the failure points.
    Let's not forget the even gun owners aren't united in this. Remember that guy cutting up his AR?
    I've also seen so called gun owners on other boards state that they really don't care as long as their classic lever actions, bolt action and revolvers aren't touched.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Let's not forget the even gun owners aren't united in this. Remember that guy cutting up his AR?
    I've also seen so called gun owners on other boards state that they really don't care as long as their classic lever actions, bolt action and revolvers aren't touched.
    Because most gun owners are fudd troglodytes sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Because most gun owners are fudd troglodytes sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most PEOPLE are complete morons with low IQ's and a complete lack of critical thinking skills; it isn't specific to gun owners by a long shot. Sadly, most gun owners also fall into that category and get a lot fo attention for being retards with guns.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Im not buy ANYTHING from Walmart and it has nothing to do with them stepping on my snakes.

You all see the viral trend of Walmart shoppers licking and putting things in or around their butts? And then putting it back on the shelf just for you to buy? Sorry but I dont need my deoderant ****ed with.

Im classly. I shop at Target.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Im not buy ANYTHING from Walmart and it has nothing to do with them stepping on my snakes.

You all see the viral trend of Walmart shoppers licking and putting things in or around their butts? And then putting it back on the shelf just for you to buy? Sorry but I dont need my deoderant ****ed with.

Im classly. I shop at Target.
    That's a first

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast