Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Walmart

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Most PEOPLE are complete morons with low IQ's and a complete lack of critical thinking skills; it isn't specific to gun owners by a long shot. Sadly, most gun owners also fall into that category and get a lot fo attention for being retards with guns.
    Way harsh. The term 'moron' as related to IQ is a range of 51-70.

In order to understand what an average IQ score is and what it means, it is essential to first understand how IQ is measured. While different test publishers utilize different scoring systems, for many modern IQ tests the average (or mean) score is set at 100 with a standard deviation of 15 so that scores conform to a normal distribution curve.

68 percent of scores fall within one standard deviation of the mean (that is, between 85 and 115). That means that nearly 70 percent of all people score within plus or minus 15 points of the average score.

95 percent of scores fall within two standard deviations (between 70 and 130). Outliers beyond those points represent only a small portion of the population, which means that only a small percentage of people have a very low IQ (below 70) or a very high IQ (above 130).

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is...age-iq-2795284

Just because people do not buy into your belief system doesn't mean they are morons.

Granted critical thinking skills aren't measured with IQ scores, but, on the other hand, often people don't know what they don't know.

Case in point: An acquaintance and I had just finished a SWAT school back in the days when rappelling was a de rigueur event. I was kind of 'meh' because I had rappelled quit a bit in the .mil and was a graduate of the Air Assault School's Rappelmaster Course. Anyways one day I ran into my acquaintance coming out of a local store. He proceeded to tell me about the great site he had found to rappel and outlined the equipment he had purchased. When I asked where he had gotten his rope he told me 'Skinner's discount had some nice 7/16" rope.' Thank goodness I ran into him because what he didn't know about rope would have likely gotten him seriously injured or killed.

Was this guy a moron, or lacking in critical thinking skills? I don't think so, he was a good detective and a gifted interviewer. In the case in point, what he didn't know was not something most would catch without 'formal' training in the ropes and equipment used in rappelling. His experience was one in which he learned to tie a swiss seat, was told how to run the rope through the carabiner, was supervised in doing so, and then walked down a wall with maybe a bound or two.

So, back on topic, how can you apply a moron label to folks who may not have had the 2nd Amendment explained to them in your terms? And, since I'm willing to bet the majority of this board hasn't/didn't see fit to protect Liberty by military service, how can you denigrate someone who doesn't see preparing to be a member of the militia as being one of their primary concerns?

Kind of funny that we didn't have the same fascination with the M1 Garand or the M1 Carbine as we do with the AR platform. Why is it that?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Way harsh. The term 'moron' as related to IQ is a range of 51-70.

In order to understand what an average IQ score is and what it means, it is essential to first understand how IQ is measured. While different test publishers utilize different scoring systems, for many modern IQ tests the average (or mean) score is set at 100 with a standard deviation of 15 so that scores conform to a normal distribution curve.

68 percent of scores fall within one standard deviation of the mean (that is, between 85 and 115). That means that nearly 70 percent of all people score within plus or minus 15 points of the average score.

95 percent of scores fall within two standard deviations (between 70 and 130). Outliers beyond those points represent only a small portion of the population, which means that only a small percentage of people have a very low IQ (below 70) or a very high IQ (above 130).

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is...age-iq-2795284

Just because people do not buy into your belief system doesn't mean they are morons.

Granted critical thinking skills aren't measured with IQ scores, but, on the other hand, often people don't know what they don't know.

Case in point: An acquaintance and I had just finished a SWAT school back in the days when rappelling was a de rigueur event. I was kind of 'meh' because I had rappelled quit a bit in the .mil and was a graduate of the Air Assault School's Rappelmaster Course. Anyways one day I ran into my acquaintance coming out of a local store. He proceeded to tell me about the great site he had found to rappel and outlined the equipment he had purchased. When I asked where he had gotten his rope he told me 'Skinner's discount had some nice 7/16" rope.' Thank goodness I ran into him because what he didn't know about rope would have likely gotten him seriously injured or killed.

Was this guy a moron, or lacking in critical thinking skills? I don't think so, he was a good detective and a gifted interviewer. In the case in point, what he didn't know was not something most would catch without 'formal' training in the ropes and equipment used in rappelling. His experience was one in which he learned to tie a swiss seat, was told how to run the rope through the carabiner, was supervised in doing so, and then walked down a wall with maybe a bound or two.

So, back on topic, how can you apply a moron label to folks who may not have had the 2nd Amendment explained to them in your terms? And, since I'm willing to bet the majority of this board hasn't/didn't see fit to protect Liberty by military service, how can you denigrate someone who doesn't see preparing to be a member of the militia as being one of their primary concerns?

Kind of funny that we didn't have the same fascination with the M1 Garand or the M1 Carbine as we do with the AR platform. Why is it that?
    I'm not labelling people morons for not agreeing with me. It's a label I use for people who can't think for themselves and don't have the ability to critically think or problem solve on their own.

I was being way harsh, absolutely. Hyperbole. In a very broad and general sense, and I wasn't speaking to anything really- just making a broad statement out of nowhere.

Sometimes being frustrated with people in my day to day life, tired of people trying to control what I do and what objects I can posses for no reason at all other than "Feels and emotions", tired of constantly defending the tenants of liberty and justice to people who seem to want be enslaved and have a complete lack of understanding history and the lessons it offers- sometimes it's nice to just vent on a forum and say "Dang people are stupid!".

The truth is, most people are completely average, they aren't morons, they have average IQ's, do average shit and don't really care much about anything or anyone other than their day to day well being.

And that's just fine by me.

The idiots shout louder- so perception can consume reality sometimes, even when I know better.

There are likely many factors as to why the AR-15 is so popular. Video games and movies. People wanting to take them away and ban them and generally control them. The old AWB ban. Utility and modularity. Lot's of military vets from the W.O.T. that drive what's popular to their social circles. People wanting to mimic the things they see soldiers use and do. Marketing. Etc. Etc. Etc.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 09-23-19 at 17:07.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011