Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2,158-Yard Shot, Sets New ELR World Record

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

2,158-Yard Shot, Sets New ELR World Record

Not too shabby!

Randy Wise Stuns With 2,158-Yard Shot, Sets New ELR World Record

Wise was shooting a Savage Arms rifle, chambered in .338 Lapua with the stock 26-inch, 1:9-inch barrel, Accurate Rifle Systems chassis, Rempel bipod and Rifle Basics trigger. The scope was a Vortex Golden Eagle. And for his load, Wise used Lapua brass with Berger 300-grain hybrid bullets, Federal 215M primers and 90.5 grains of Retumbo powder. Ballistic solving was provided by Applied Ballistics.

Cont:

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2019/...XSQpLamZpkypsQ

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The skill set, not to mention equipment, is pretty foreign to someone that has spent a lifetime shooting stuff “rapidly and accurately” and at virtual contact distance in comparison to this.

Amazing stuff.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    The skill set, not to mention equipment, is pretty foreign to someone that has spent a lifetime shooting stuff “rapidly and accurately” and at virtual contact distance in comparison to this.

Amazing stuff.
    Yes, what training/experience I have, all focused on the former. Passed 300yard or so, different world to me, but always fascinated by it.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What's really impressive is he did it with a factory Savage .338, from the description it sounds like he was using the factory tube. And the Vortex glass while solid, is not even the top of Vortex's product line, let alone all the other Cadillac scope brands.

Another example of how a skilled shooter can get results with moderately priced gear. Speaks to both his skill, *and* the breakthroughs in manufacturing, ballistic science and projectiles, etc., making it possible to get repeatable hits at distances that used to be almost unthinkable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What is the criteria for a world record? I've seen shooters work up to that distance and beyond on E silhouettes. Never 3/3 from a cold bore though.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

2,158-Yard Shot, Sets New ELR World Record

Was this for a factory rifle?

That yardage is easily enumerable for that round so?

ETA: st beat me too it. Better than I can shoot so kudos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 09-03-19 at 19:47.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    What is the criteria for a world record? I've seen shooters work up to that distance and beyond on E silhouettes. Never 3/3 from a cold bore though.
    Had the same Q as first as I knew folks have made much longer shots than this--but it's 3 consecutive shots as noted. Hadn't heard of this org before but looks legit, a quick google turned out their site and standards. https://elrcentral.com/elr-record-setting-events/

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Any time I see "world record" in relation to LR shooting, my eyes roll. Too many things come across my FB feed of some outlandish yardage on a hand-picked day with an untold roundcount...target the size of a conversion fan.

Props to this dude and his achievement/shooting none the less with very modest equipment. Good shootin' is still good shootin'

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Great shot, no doubt, especially going 3 for 3 with a factory Savage.

Looking a little closer, the phrase "ELR Central" in the wording of the record explains some of the questions you guys have raised. ELR Central is a website and FB group managed by Applied Ballistics, so the record is likely just within what's been shot at events they sponsor and that are run according to their rule set.

https://elrcentral.com/about/

And yeah, the whole ELR World Record thing does seem to be a little silly at times as there is no real standard (at least not to my knowledge).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What about that dudes that made 6000yard shot? How come that doesn’t count?

http://americanshootingjournal.com/m...6-barrett/amp/
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast