G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: 2,158-Yard Shot, Sets New ELR World Record

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    5,150
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not be a hater, but a 1/2 inch gun is a 1/2 inch gun. You can buy a 1 inch gun for $350, its crazy. Savage has always made accurate rifles and the newer models also even feed rounds these days. And if you shoot often enough, even the blind squirrel can stumble upon an acorn. That shot comes down too wind wind and wind and to make a hit you gotta be good and a little lucky. IMHO.

    Still a pretty cool story. Did he go 3 for 3 as someone stated, and in a match which adds credibility.

    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    418
    Feedback Score
    0
    3 for 3 is impressive.

    I do not consider it interesting whenever the shots are walked on to the target and the shooter gets one hit and then keeps missing. Unless you can get repeatable hits, you're not doing precision shooting, you're just shotgunning. In my book, anyway..

    The 24 hour cold bore requirement is almost ostentatiously hardcore, but I like that part too.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    396
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I like that he’s shooting left handed with a rh bolt.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    There have been several people asking about the equipment used so here is a rundown, Target was 2158, no spotter, 3 shots, cold bore and two followers, 36x36 Target, rifle was bought used with only 3 rounds fired and is a factory Savage 112 Magnum Target Action and Barrel 1-9 twist 26” long, rifle basics trigger, ARS Chassis, Ivey Adjustable Mount, Vortex Golden Eagle scope, 300gn Hybrid .338 Berger Bullets, Lapua Brass, Retumbo Powder, Federal 215M Primers, Henry Rempel Bi-Pod and StrelokPro Ballistic App. $4100.00 was my total cost for the rifle as fired. Total round count on rifle including the match is 132. I hope this answers most questions.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,702
    Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Excellent shooting. 3/3 with no sighters is impressive.
    Philippians 4:13

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,242
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    I like that he’s shooting left handed with a rh bolt.
    I’ve seen this quite a bit at matches. My buddies shoot LH actions as RH shooters. It allows them to clear jams and see the action without taking their face off the gun.

    I think it’s a bit weird, but I also think it’s weird how people can get excited about a guy’s ability to shoot well while he’s laying in the nice soft grass shooting from a solid position.

    Will Brink, after relocating from Massachusetts, now lives about 90 mins from a very good LR facility. He should check it out and see how easy it is.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    1,350
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I often wonder how shooting is back east on open land rather than the valleys and canyons with swirly-ass winds I shoot in.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    14,232
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I’ve seen this quite a bit at matches. My buddies shoot LH actions as RH shooters. It allows them to clear jams and see the action without taking their face off the gun.

    I think it’s a bit weird, but I also think it’s weird how people can get excited about a guy’s ability to shoot well while he’s laying in the nice soft grass shooting from a solid position.

    Will Brink, after relocating from Massachusetts, now lives about 90 mins from a very good LR facility. He should check it out and see how easy it is.
    I'm really a line of site kinda guy but always happy to play with other peoples toys they have set up for the experience.
    - Will

    General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

    www.BrinkZone.com

    Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

    www.OptimalSWAT.com


    “Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11,242
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I often wonder how shooting is back east on open land rather than the valleys and canyons with swirly-ass winds I shoot in.
    I swear every range says their wind conditions are unlike anywhere else in the world and it’s so tough and blah blah blah. This happens even on a flat 10 mile wide cow pasture in central FL.

    East coast is pretty tame.

    The worst wind I’ve ever seen was in Hawaii on the KBay range. It gets a consistent year round 10-20mph wind from the 2:00 but the mountain curves from the left lateral limit to right behind the range. It creates a swirl and I swear to you the wind at the firing line will be a 9:00 wind and the wind at the 500y line will be a 1:00 value wind. Two opposite directions.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm really a line of site kinda guy but always happy to play with other peoples toys they have set up for the experience.
    Of course amigo. I will send you an invite next time we go out to VCGHC.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    14,232
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post



    Of course amigo. I will send you an invite next time we go out to VCGHC.
    Smells like a plan!
    - Will

    General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

    www.BrinkZone.com

    Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

    www.OptimalSWAT.com


    “Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •