Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the oldest family member you can recall?

Feedback Score
    I have one grandparent left. My Grandmother is 95 and I’m 44.

The oldest relative I ever met was my GGFather born in 1892 but I knew a few relatives born in the 1800’s. My Great Aunt Clementina was born 1898 and I was pretty close to her. She found it hilarious that I found her age so interesting. I used to say stuff like “I can’t believe you were born before cars!” She lived to be 97
    Last edited by OldState; 09-04-19 at 11:45.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I was born in 1968, my only living grandparent, my mother's dad, died when I was...6? Maybe 7. He was born in 1884, died in 1975. One of his siblings died in her 90s when I was a wee lad.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    83, currently alive. No one in my family has made it past 83.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    My grandmother died last year. She was 102. I remember her mother that was 104 when she died in 1998. I remember meeting her mother when i was very young in the early 1970s. That was my Great Great Grandmother, she was 99 when she died in 1976.
    Talk about genetics! That shit runs in your family bro. Keep your fingers crossed that you got some of that good stuff!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    My great-grandmother. She was born in 1901 and lived to 2001. Her daughter my grandmother passed three years ago at the age of 88. Pretty cool I was able to spend a lot of time with my great-grandmother, I was 18 when she died. She grew up on a farm in upstate New York and said she didn’t see an actual automobile until she was in her teens and didn’t have electricity until about that same time.

Her son my great-uncle Bud served in WWII in the pacific. He never spoke about it, but at his funeral five years ago we learned he was involved in multiple island invasions.

That’s on my Mother’s side.

On my Fathers side everyone died pretty young. My Pepe died in 1993, he was born in 1927. Joined the Army at the end of WWII and saw action in the opening stages of the Korean War. He also never spoke about it. But my Dad said his earliest memories are hearing his Dad screaming in his sleep. My Pepe also slept with a pistol under his bed till the day he died. I remember him showing it to my brother and I when we were kids and my Meme walking in and yelling at him about it, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    G-Grandmother - 99 -- oldest I can recall interacting with on multiple occasions / many years. Don't think I ever met any of her older family realm. If I did I don't recall but it could have occurred.
    Grandmother - 99 -- very much a part of my life.

They were mother and daughter.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My grandmother on my dad’s side is 92 (I’m 39). She’s managed to outlive her husband and 3 of her sons (all passed in their early 60s), including my dad. Needless to say, I’m watching my health closely.
    I have a photo with her and her grandmother from ‘82 or ‘83. Having lost touch with that side of the family for 25-30 years, I’m not sure when she passed or how old she was.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Talk about genetics! That shit runs in your family bro. Keep your fingers crossed that you got some of that good stuff!
    No sh!t......LOLOLOLOL
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Grandmother on my Dad's side was born in 1890 something. She had two boys and a girl when sometime around 1938, my Dad came along and surprised the whole fam damily.
    She used to tell me about everyone walking to the bus station in town so her boys could go off to fight in WWII and how angry my Dad was that he couldn't go too.
    My Grandmother was a wealth of information, little tricks to get along and could live and raise a family on nearly zero dollars.
    Her gardens were a thing of beauty and they could also feed the entire family. The same one acre plot of garden was worked year after year by her, by hand.
    I remember watching the first man walk on the moon with her sitting on the floor beside her in the living room floor. I asked her if she ever thought she would see a man walk on the moon and her reply blew my mind. "Hell, we didn't even have airplanes when I was a little girl." BOOM!

Feedback Score
    My relatives don’t seem to make it to super old. Late 80s, early 90s.
    So I guess it’s bad news they aren’t making past 100.

On the other hand, despite drinking, smoking, and eating what they want,
    They tend to be very active and spry and mentally sharp and not on meds, oxygen, walkers, in nursing homes, etc. and all the other elderly people stuff and then fall off a roof or a horse and cracking their skull, or chopping wood after shoveling snow and having a stoke, etc. and go from sharp, active, and spry to dead instantly or in a matter of days.

Usually in the 88-92 years old range.
    They were all extremely active and high physical workloads which has to be part of it.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast