Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of M1 Carbine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Value of M1 Carbine

I'm asking if anyone here has an idea of the value of a CMP Underwood M1 Carbine. I have the original CMP box with papers and some original magazines. I saw one on GB asking $1800.00 Is that realistic?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What grade is it based on the paperwork? Assuming it's a rebuilt/rearsenal carbine, $1800 is sky high.

A super clean rearsenal Underwood with CMP box/papers is at most a $1200 rifle. NOS mags go for $25-40 for common subcontract ones. Used ones about half.

Feedback Score
    No offense but I wouldn't base anything off of GB prices.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah for $1800 it better be something really special. I would think a run of the mill CMP would top out around 9-950 unless it was a rare one. Might go for even less depending on condition.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I can ask $10k for my Inland, that doesn't mean that's the going rate. It's what they're actually selling for that matters...
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    As pointed out, what someone's asking doesn't mean a thing. Recent actual sales on GunBroker are between $795 and $1924 depending on condition and other details.
    https://www.gunbroker.com/Rifles/sea...=2&Timeframe=1

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Definitely not worth $1,800 unless it was never issued which is extremely unlikely. I would venture to guess that 95-99% of all the M1 carbines went through the rebuild process at some point.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I'm asking if anyone here has an idea of the value of a CMP Underwood M1 Carbine. I have the original CMP box with papers and some original magazines. I saw one on GB asking $1800.00 Is that realistic?

We can't answer your question until we know what grade it is.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    We can't answer your question until we know what grade it is.
    Sorry guys, I should have included that little bit of knowledge.. Condition is good, metal parts still parked, stock good, a few dents. Bore is good.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What's going to drive the price up on a Carbine is not rebuilt, still have early flip sight and no bayonet lug and correct stock and parts and overall condition. US military Carbine ammo has always been non corrosive and it is a low pressure round so it is very rare for a barrel to be replaced. But funny fact is that lots of parts were traded between different makers, if brand A needed barrels and brand B had extra's they would supply them to brand A. So barrel and receiver mfg being different does not mean it is not an original assembly, this holds true for all makers except Inland and Winchester they made all of their own parts. Underwood was evidently good at making barrels because I have seen their barrels on lots of different carbines. Thing about collector grade Carbines is that there are lots of repo parts and restored ones out there, it really takes an expert to identify an original non restored one which is worth the big bucks.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast