Thread: Safariland Holsters for Glock 19 with tlr8

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Safariland Holsters for Glock 19 with tlr8

I have been looking for a Safariland 7ts or 6378 holster does anyone know if the Safariland holsters are backwards compatible from larger and older lights to the new smaller streamlights? I am currently using a raven holster But like the Safariland stuff better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it is no wider or taller than a TLR 1 or X 300 then yes on a 7TS. My 19 will lock in to my 7TS with no light attached and it is my undersranding a 7TS for a 17 or 34 with light will lock on to a 19 sans light or 26.

The downside is the holster is much longer than it needs to be for my TLR 1 since it is set up for the X300. I really suspect the holster will hold a 17 or possibly a 34 if a person were to remove a shelf inside the holster that acts as a muzzle stop.

As is, not really concealable, but due to some other 7TS characteristics I don't know for a fact reducing to length to TLR 1 length would make a huge difference. Not bad, just bulky.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 09-06-19 at 16:30.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I too like my 6378, but I also use and like the quality and fit of DSG Holsters The new D4 has many fitment options as well as several attachment, holster to body options.

https://dsgarms.com/holsters?man=dsg...del-.-glock+19
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I already have a perun holster for this pistol but since I am a guide in AK and in Georgia I prefer to have some offset and a lock on my holster when in and or around water. As I Just had to retrieve a rifle from a glacier river on a bear hunt when I was flipped out of a pack kayak. I prefer a silent draw stoke so game isn’t alerted. Safariland just let me know they do not make a holster at this time in the ALS for the Tlr8 so I may look into one that can hold a TLR1. My pistol still works in my 7ts with out a surefire xc1 attached. So if the retention isn’t on the light It may work.

Feedback Score
    I have the 7TS 7360 for my G45 w/ the X300u and I tried it with the TLR7 and it works just fine. I'd imagine the TLR8 would as well. The X300U is a big light.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    565BL loop and QLS will provide a decent offset. The QLS hasn't bothered me when worn under a pack belt with the holstered pistol moved over to a female QLS mounted on a chest rig either.

Haven't tried it, but I am reasonably sure having it chest mounted would be advantageous in a kayak too.

The little nipple sticking up is on the shelf the muzzle stops against.

Just stuck a 19 sans light in a light carrying G20/21 7TS and it locked in. Lots of up and down play due to length difference and I assume screwing with it long enough/hard enough might defeat the lock due to the play, but at least initially it can withstand several hard jerks.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jsbhike; 09-07-19 at 21:00.

Feedback Score
    Just a quick question.
    If someone is contemplating a gun grab, how easy would it be to squeeze the tabs and separate the holster from the belt loop?
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0369GYSGT View Post
    Just a quick question.
    If someone is contemplating a gun grab, how easy would it be to squeeze the tabs and separate the holster from the belt loop?
    Thanks.
    With the holster mounted I think it would be a 2 hands task for most people.

With a medium/large glove size hand, my finger tips barely touch the forks so I think one hand would require someone with very large &/or thin hands.

Just guessing, but I would assume if someone knew about the forks they would also know about the ALS/SLS locks which are in a more exposed/intuitive location versus feeling around for the forks.

Feedback Score
    Easy, if they were an octopus.
    It is next to impossible to remove in a gun grab. More likely to break the plastic than unlatch.
    It is difficult to remove deliberately. The angle of approach to unlatch necessary works best from behind and below. Below barely works and it takes either an abnormally large hand or at least two hands.