Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting habits that bug you

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    If you are referring to my response, yep, I was assuming they asked or were there for that purpose.
    No, I didn't see your post.

Feedback Score
    That annoying hammer cocking sound when I fire my Glocks.
    The sting of hot brass hitting me from the booth next door.
    Seeing some douche trying to teach a pretty lady how to shoot but gets it all wrong.
    Support hand thumb crossing over the back of the firing grip hand. “Why is this thing jamming?”
    Last edited by duece71; 09-06-19 at 16:37.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    1. Cup and saucer handgun grip.
    2. Lack of muzzle awareness.
    Yes! Especially the second one.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." –Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers

Feedback Score
    I don’t care about anything other than safety violations and people trying to talk to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok I actually do have a slight issue with one thing. It's very very rare but it happened not long ago. I get the last open bay, 2nd to last from the wall, which is fine, but I'm next to two guys with two dozen mags, a 1000 rounds of ammo and a full auto Browning B.A.R! It was kinda awesome but after a while the full auto 30-06 was getting a little annoying
    Last edited by Arik; 09-06-19 at 17:55.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Ok I actually do have a slight issue with one thing. It's very very rare but it happened not long ago. I get the last open bay, 2nd to last from the wall, which is fine, but I'm next to two guys with two dozen mags, a 1000 rounds of ammo and a full auto Browning B.A.R! It was kinda awesome but after a while the full auto 30-06 was getting a little annoying
    I know I would have been very pissed off....if they didn't invite me over to crank off a few magazines
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    I know I would have been very pissed off....if they didn't invite me over to crank off a few magazines
    I tried not to be obviously noisy nor bother people so i complimented them on a fine piece of historical hardware. They were nice, thanked me but no invite! Too bad, I was with my cousin, who's new to shooting and would have loved for him to take a few shots even if it was 5 rounds

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My list of self righteous indignation

-Folks not understanding that "line is clear/cold/safe" means and no touching firearms. Of course now this has recently morphed into someones thinking the loading of any magazines or clips during this time to also be unsafe. I havent heard it from any official channel yet, so I thumb my nose at it

-Going to the range without a target? Not merely forgetting but letting the universe decide what will be your target of the day...

-Sighting in huntin rafles and needing a clear after each shot.

-Acting like your 25yd AR zero is going to be waays off paper at 100yd, so of course your working up to it slowly.

-Complaining about $300 scope on a $1500 rifle.... all under the shadow of a $70k bro dozer.

-The bring girls shooting thing. Not the act itself but the stupidity that typically ensues in this situation which has been touched on already. Seems plenty of goobers find an excuse to mosey on over and offer advice/sneak a peek too

Of course I cant say for sure but I feel like alot of the women Ive seen taken to the range come away with very little, mostly because their "instructors" seem to barely be conversant in the operation of the firearms present let alone able to instruct or even shoot.

My hats off to those that can instruct. Not everyone is born to instruct. Most of the women Ive seen at the range seem quite willing and eager to learn but are let down by people who arent quite aware of what they dont know or how to relate things they learned decades ago (often informally)or just presently take for granted.

Its definitely a challenge to get someone to properly hold a rifle that didnt spend their formative years shouldering every half bent stick like object they came across.

And just about NOBODY can hold a pistol effectively(present company excepted) which makes these type of sessions on the pistol range quite interesting. Last one of these I witnessed, a 30ish woman of slender build with her giant bear like dad who stepped straight from the tatter pages of the 1981 shooting digest. Dad, being a man, only had 2 choices available. The colt woodsman or the 6" .44 mag. Cups of tea for all of course. Better than nothing I suppose.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Cornering you with a BAR at the range, with such an abundance of ammo, and not offering at least a trigger squeeze should be in violations. But Im not sure which governing body to refer you too in this instance lol

Mmmmmmm BAR , it should be on one of those whitenoise sleeping aid apps. Id rock it

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The "chicken wing" rifle stance is annoying.

I can't stand shooting at a public range anymore. We're not arrogant pricks by any stretch, but there's some real genetic waste at the public ranges.

We'll help guys with hunting/scope issues if they're receptive. As far as polishing operators... nah.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast