Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Springfield edge pistol issues

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    If you bought a new car and it kept stalling, would you try to fix it yourself or take it back?
    See above

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 09fatbob View Post
    Thanks bro I'll try that. It's brand new gun, has that changeable screw in gas plug. Wasn't sure what it could be, that is a sound solution.lets hope it works
    Did you read your owner's manual? That is an adjustable gas block. You should be able to tune the gas block to make the rifle run properly with whatever ammo you have.

Feedback Score
    I can stay with my car while it's being fixed. Had a Springfield 1911 stolen at a shipping terminal. Yes insured u would not believe what I went thru and NEVER got the full price of the loss.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Did you read your owner's manual? That is an adjustable gas block. You should be able to tune the gas block to make the rifle run properly with whatever ammo you have.
    Yes sir I did and I'm going to try again, trying the gas system. Guess I didn't make that clear earlier, my bad before I do any extreme

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    If u read the owner's manual... U will see that the gas metering screw that is installed makes it yep a normal gas block with that in mind the gun should ran without issue, correct?

Feedback Score
    From the Forum Rules:
    4) Contact The Manufacturer or Dealer First – Internet forums have a large global audience and unsubstantiated or ill-informed comments will affect the livelihoods of a lot of hard working people in the industry. If you have an issue with a manufacturer or dealer that you would like to resolve, we ask that your first contact them to resolve it.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 09fatbob View Post
    Picked up the edge pistol. 1st range run would chamber round not pick up the next round, happen thru the whole mag. 2nd mag same but with f2f intermittently, 4 rounds totally dented and scarred beyond use. Yes changed mags yes totally inspected the weapon after 1st time. Problem still there .... Any thoughts on what might be wrong. Hate sending them back to factory. Thanks in advance also not an issue running the gun with the charging handle without firing just ran 30 rds thru by charging also used Pmags
    Failure to feed combined with dented cases points to a weak extractor spring. Short stroking will NOT dent the cases.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Springfield replaced the bolt carrier group and buffer + spring

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12