Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield edge pistol issues

Feedback Score

Springfield edge pistol issues

Picked up the edge pistol. 1st range run would chamber round not pick up the next round, happen thru the whole mag. 2nd mag same but with f2f intermittently, 4 rounds totally dented and scarred beyond use. Yes changed mags yes totally inspected the weapon after 1st time. Problem still there .... Any thoughts on what might be wrong. Hate sending them back to factory. Thanks in advance also not an issue running the gun with the charging handle without firing just ran 30 rds thru by charging also used Pmags
    Last edited by 09fatbob; 09-06-19 at 12:54.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Did you clean and re lube it prior to shooting?

Feedback Score
    Yep I did always run them looking wet
    Last edited by 09fatbob; 09-06-19 at 13:20.

Feedback Score
    Load one round in the magazine and fire it. Does the bolt lock back?

What ammo are you using?

Feedback Score
    Did that... yes it does, I've been shooting ar's41 years and never seen this lol I have a Victor 308 runs like a dream. Just curious if anyone has seen this ever mixed ammo types but still... And have a fix
    Last edited by 09fatbob; 09-06-19 at 15:43.

Feedback Score
    Do you want help or someone to say "yeah, I've seen that before LOL"?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve had that. Gun locked back on empty. Once or more times per mag it would eat up a round and not chamber it. Problem was solved with lighter buffer and spring. Went from Sprinco Blue, H2 to Sprinco Hot White, H1.

I think the problem had more to do than the overly heavy spring than the buffer, and it currently runs with H1 or H2.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Thanks bro I'll try that. It's brand new gun, has that changeable screw in gas plug. Wasn't sure what it could be, that is a sound solution.lets hope it works
    Last edited by 09fatbob; 09-06-19 at 15:48.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If its a stock gun, then my solution may not work for you
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 09fatbob View Post
    Picked up the edge pistol. 1st range run would chamber round not pick up the next round, happen thru the whole mag. 2nd mag same but with f2f intermittently, 4 rounds totally dented and scarred beyond use. Yes changed mags yes totally inspected the weapon after 1st time. Problem still there .... Any thoughts on what might be wrong. Hate sending them back to factory. Thanks in advance also not an issue running the gun with the charging handle without firing just ran 30 rds thru by charging also used Pmags
    What did Springfield say?

If you bought a new car and it kept stalling, would you try to fix it yourself or take it back?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast