Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget electronic ear pro

Feedback Score

Budget electronic ear pro

Im looking to stay in the $40-60 range. Right now the plan is a set of impact sports with gel cups. Is anything in this price range a better buy? Anything come with gel cups from the factory?

I just lost my peltor tactical100.
    They were ok, but the wires insulation began pulling back, and would hurt when worn for long periods with sunglasses.
    I was happy with sound performance of them. Im not running comms, just like to be able to talk normal between shots, or be able to hear when double protected.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don’t know of anything within that price range with gel cups but if you haven’t considered the Walkers that are on amazon for around $30-50, they’re worth taking a look at. I’ve never compared mine to Howard’s (or really worn them much since they’re my backups) but it seemed that more people that had used both, slightly preferred the Walkers. I have noise fighters for all of mine, but I think both together will push the price up somewhere around the $80 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Personally, if you plan to wear them for extended amount of time, gel cups are a must. An hour or less, any cushions are fine.

I coach SASP and help out with the SCTP trap team. With most practices, I am wearing them for at least 2 to 3 hours. At matches, sometimes more. Gel cups are a godsend.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    In your budget, I’d say Impact Sports with gel cups is your best bet. The electronics get loud enough that I can double-up with earplugs when needed and still hear clearly. I also have a set of Peltor Tactical 100 with gel cups and the amplification isn’t as loud, they weigh a little more but have a couple dB more noise reduction than the Impact Sports. The Peltors feel like higher quality, but the performance isn’t really better.

Both will cut out on loud noises so you’ll get clipping as people shoot around you. Not a big deal for the range but somewhat annoying for training classes as range commands can get cut off if people are still shooting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    In your budget, I’d say Impact Sports with gel cups is your best bet. The electronics get loud enough that I can double-up with earplugs when needed and still hear clearly. I also have a set of Peltor Tactical 100 with gel cups and the amplification isn’t as loud, they weigh a little more but have a couple dB more noise reduction than the Impact Sports. The Peltors feel like higher quality, but the performance isn’t really better.

Both will cut out on loud noises so you’ll get clipping as people shoot around you. Not a big deal for the range but somewhat annoying for training classes as range commands can get cut off if people are still shooting.
    I noticed that clipping (pretty sensitive) with the 100s.
    Gel caps are a must- the stock 100 kill my head and get distracting at the end of a match.

I just picked up the HL. I guess if they really suck, Ill just bite the bullet and get 3m tac sports. Well see how this pans out.

Feedback Score

Budget electronic ear pro

I have the walker razor slims and they are really nice. I went with th patriot model. The seem to do well indoors and still hear others. Almost like the person is in your ear

Feedback Score
    Well, the HL are a no-go. If my head was taller, narrower, or wider, id be good.
    I have a gap on one side or the other under one of my ears.
    This pair is for the wife- going back to peltor tac100 with gel cups.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I’d go with either the 300 or the 500. Unless you are in a hurry. Amazon runs sales on both of these. I saw the 500 go on sale for about $80ish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I also have the Howard Leight muffs and would buy them again if mine ever failed. Great on batteries and do not hurt with safety glasses.

Only drawback is with the low profile if you want to wear a beanie that is cuffed then there will be a gap because the padding cannot work with that kind of depth change.

Feedback Score
    I have used Howard Leight, and I own Peltor and Walkers.

When I wanted one more set of electronic muffs, I bought another set from Peltor (Sport Range Guard). They're $50ish.

The cups aren't gel, but they're very comfortable. The headband is comfy. They're low-profile enough that I can use them shooting long guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast