Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budget electronic ear pro

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .223Pound View Post
    I also have the Howard Leight muffs and would buy them again if mine ever failed. Great on batteries and do not hurt with safety glasses.

Only drawback is with the low profile if you want to wear a beanie that is cuffed then there will be a gap because the padding cannot work with that kind of depth change.
    Yeah the beanie deal is a drawback. Mine, which I have had for about 6 years now, are beginning to get very crackly. That's the only way i can really describe the sound, and it's intermittent
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    The impact sports do not fit. At all. The only way to get a marginal seal is to lift the top a half inch off my head.

Even then, my $15 browning passives are immensely better. I don’t understand how they fit a human head.
    Fwiw- the HL sound/electronics>tac100s

If anyone wants to trade a pair of tactical 100s for my impact sports, pm me. Opened and tried on, but otherwise unused.
    —————
    I did purchase some tac300s for myself. These others will be backup or for guests, but they still need to fit me.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-09-19 at 17:39.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I found the Impact Sport fits better after I popped the headband off the cups and turned the plastic ends 180 degrees and pop them back on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    The impact sports do not fit. At all. The only way to get a marginal seal is to lift the top a half inch off my head.

Even then, my $15 browning passives are immensely better. I don’t understand how they fit a human head.
    Fwiw- the HL sound/electronics>tac100s

If anyone wants to trade a pair of tactical 100s for my impact sports, pm me. Opened and tried on, but otherwise unused.
    —————
    I did purchase some tac300s for myself. These others will be backup or for guests, but they still need to fit me.
    Where did you buy them? If Amazon returns are easy.

I have the tac 300s and like them. From my research prob the best option under $100. I almost went with the 500s but believe the only difference is Bluetooth which I would never use

Feedback Score
    I swapped the headband with a cheap pair.
    Its much better now and actually seals.

Thanks all for the input.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .223Pound View Post
    I also have the Howard Leight muffs and would buy them again if mine ever failed. Great on batteries and do not hurt with safety glasses.

Only drawback is with the low profile if you want to wear a beanie that is cuffed then there will be a gap because the padding cannot work with that kind of depth change.
    If the Howard Leights that are OD/Forest green with lighter moss green text I like my pair also, although occasionally I get some interference with stocks. Kind of surprising considering the cost, but I have noticed several somewhat big name YouTube guys using the same modem.

I will give a tentative thumbs up on these that are also marketed by Otis cleaning kits:

http://www.sensgard.com/

I have been using them since 2017 and really liked them. First match this year I lost one of the replaceable foam ear cups and the replacements may or may not be working as well. I really have not noticed a difference when I am shooting, but I have noticed that several guys with comped rifles are getting through that I hadn't noticed in previous years, so not sure if the new cups are not as good or if certain Shooters have found a more effective / more obnoxious muzzle brake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12