Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RISE OF SKYWALKER speculation discussion (no bitching, if you don't like SW, go away)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

RISE OF SKYWALKER speculation discussion (no bitching, if you don't like SW, go away)

Hey guys,

I love SW, and I am really looking forward to the upcoming Rise of Skywalker. I understand the youtube/ comic book guy from the Simpsons block has spoken, and some folks are just not going to enjoy SW anymore. Fair enough, but don't bring your bitching here, start your own discussion. I will delete or even edit complaints about The Last Jedi, the alleged feminism of SW, whining about diversity, SJW plots,, "cucks" or whatever other reason you just can't like SW, but also for some reason can't keep talking about it.

That being said, if you are a SW fan, what do you think is going on in this next flick? It really looks wild. Here is what I can see is going on...

1. Time has passed,

2. There are at least a few world's envolved....

A. Desert Planet (there are many candidates Jeddah, tattoine, Jakku, a new planet.
    B. A dark, heavily inhabited planet.
    C. A forrest planet. maybe Endor, maybe not.
    D. Possibly Endor or another planet nearby, where the remains of the Death Star are present.

3. Carrie Fisher has some limited role. Probably minimal since they allegedly are only using scraps from the other movies.
    4. Palpatine is back in some fashion. He is either alive, a force ghost, a more limited force presence, possibly a recording or vision.
    5. There is some large space battle.
    6. There is a large rebel fleet.
    7. There is a VERY large imperial fleet, apparently not necessarily the First Order
    8. There is some point in the movie where a person who is either Rey or someone who looks like. her with a Double bladed Lightsaber, and she looks evil. It could be a vision.
    9. Lando is back!
    10. Luke is probably around as a force ghost.

What do they have to do?

Tie up the Skywalker saga and at least do something that makes Rise of Skywalker make sense. (Unless they do the ultimate switch and change the title at the end. Highly unlikely.

Explain Rey's power. They can make her a nobody, but it would be nice if they explain why she is so powerful.

Resolve Kylo's arc. Will he be redeemed or is he (as I hope), actually the big baddie of the new trilogy.

So how will they do it? JJ is not great at ending stories, in my opinion. But I am hoping he has some help. Obviously, this being Star Wars there will be a space battle. There are clearly saber fights. There will probably be actual deaths of characters you care about and I doubt they will use a time travel gimmick to fix anything.

Theories...?

Basically, I am playing with the idea that Palpatine is a force ghost and is trying to get kylo to bring Rey to him so that he can take over her body. It is actually Palp that has been communing with Kylo through Vader's helmet. She is some sort of Darth Plageis type clone built to help Palpatine "live" again. This would help explain why she is so powerful and doesn't really know why she knows things. Also explains why she was drawn so powerfully to the dark side. Also explains the vision of there being many reflections of her in TLJ.

Although I wouldn't put it past JJ to make the whole Palpatine thing a misdirect, and Palpatine just appears in a force vision of the past, maybe showing Dark Rey as being an evil force user Palp clones or something.

I really want Palp to be dead. I don't like the idea that he is basically Voldemort waiting to reform. But we shall see.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Greg,

Do you have a Stormtrooper helmet sticker on the back window of your vehicle?

11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Theory I saw elsewhere was that Palpatine had imbued his own evil into the Death Star, and in this movie they journey to its remains for some reason and encounter Palpatine as force ghost.

Likewise, Anakin Skywalker was supposedly created by Palpatine's efforts, so I imagine Rey is either (a) descended from Anakin or (b) unrelated but also created by Palpatine.

Would love to see Jar Jar Binks' true nature revealed as a Sith overlord, more powerful than Palpatine and discreetly controlling him. This is totally obvious in details of The Phantom Menace if you want to look at the youtube videos with slow-motion and highlights. Jar Jar's lips are moving when Palpatine speaks.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Greg,

Don't be silly....

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Theory I saw elsewhere was that Palpatine had imbued his own evil into the Death Star, and in this movie they journey to its remains for some reason and encounter Palpatine as force ghost.

Likewise, Anakin Skywalker was supposedly created by Palpatine's efforts, so I imagine Rey is either (a) descended from Anakin or (b) unrelated but also created by Palpatine.
    That seems like something that would tie together A LOT of loose ends from the prequels and sequels. If it can be done efficiently I like it.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What I would like to see:

So far Rey has been an invincible Mary Sue. Too perfect. Too wise.
    But what if she is one of Palpatine’s children?

Part of me likes to think in a way that Palpatine wanted to seed the galaxy. Hoping sheer natural selection would produce a powerful child. Not a mere apprentice but his own flesh and blood. Part of me wants a Spec Ops The Line style twist where all of Rey’s heroism was his influence boosting her ego. Boosting her power. She’s had absolutely zero stakes. If you think about it, she has been fighting just to fight.

She has been evil this whole time. And when confronted she assumes the role not merely thinking but truly, and absolutely, believing she is the absolute only one to truly bring “order” back to the galaxy. That she is the ultimate judge, jury, and executioner.

It would give a hell of a lot of credence to Luke having been the Last Jedi.

But the Rise of Skywalker is ultimately that of Ben Solo as his mother was a Skywalker. Obviously Leia has to die somehow and his realization that he was misled and misused upon knowing both his parents are dead as a direct result makes him realize how wrong he has been and what he can do about it. Because Anakin was truly powerful and it wasn’t being Darth Vader who made him what he was. He understands the terrible things he has done and the only way to correct it is to destroy Rey.

He stops wearing the silly get up. And there is the ultimate battle. Rey with her red saber and Ben with his grandfathers blue.
    The battle is vicious as Rey has untapped her true dark side powers and is using force lightning but strong she may be she is ultimately undisciplined. Luke’s voice guides him and he destroys her and Palpatine.

It would be a huge F U to the whole girl power schtick and would show Rey hoist by her own petard.

But Ben Solo refuses to take command. He says that the Force is for all but not a weapon. The Knights of Ren die as redeemed heroes. He goes into hermitage saying one day, those who seek light or dark or some in between may find it, but not from him. Not now. He still must purge himself of his past ill deeds.

They beg him to stay but he says he needs the time. Too much has happened. Han and Leia force ghost and say they forgive him and love him but it is too much. He now understands his responsibility in the world.

Everyone wants to start debating how the galaxy should be run and who is in charge and Ben states cryptically “I destroyed one tyrant, I can always destroy another. Remember that. Never forget.”

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Dude, without commenting on some of your analysis of what is going on with rey, I would love this ending

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    That seems like something that would tie together A LOT of loose ends from the prequels and sequels. If it can be done efficiently I like it.

Ive heard a theory related to that where C3PO is Palpatine's little droid spy to keep an eye on Anakin and that explains the red eyes and limbs.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Greg,

Where can I get one?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Where can I get one?

I have a Packers/stormtrooper sticker on the back of my car https://www.greenbayjerseystore.com/...mtrooper-decal

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast