Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RISE OF SKYWALKER speculation discussion (no bitching, if you don't like SW, go away)

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Seriously guys, this is a thread for people who want to see and talk about the next Star Wars movie...not to bitch about what you don't like about it or just to be a douchebag. If you hate it that's fine, go start your own thread. I will delete your comments if they are in this thread. (this is in response to several dumb comments I have had to delete, if you can see your post I am not talking about you).
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    We know they are fighting on the ruins of the Death Star. So Endor is confirmed. I agree with the idea that the big E is somehow infused into the remains of the death start. This would tie in very well with the way he died.

The fleet we see is very interesting. They are Imperial 1 Class SDs by looking at the superstructure. So old and outdated. However if you notice the bottom of them they appear to have some sort of huge laser mounted into the hull starting about where the Hangar Bay would be on a standard Imp 1 and going to near the front of the bow. So I think they may be the Canon version of the legends Katana Fleet.

I don't share the hate that many people have for the last two films. But I also feel they were too disjointed. Many people seem to think Rey is a Mary Sue but really she is a pretty flawed character. She wants nothing to do with this. She just wants to know who the hell her parents are. And she seems to really straddle the line between the light and Dark side of the force. She didn't hesitate for one second during The Last Jedi when it came to diving into the Dark side. Even Luke in his ignorance was more hesitant about the dark side during ESB.

I am hopeful for this film given the trailer.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Death Star ruins could be on Yavin IV, too. There was some sith f___ery on Yavin IV, historically, in old canon, as I recall.

One rumor I've heard is that time travel might be involved. And considering that:

A- Kylo Ren, the Knights of Ren, and Snoke were very strongly confirmed to not be Sith;
    B- There are new, red-clad Stormtroopers confirmed for the movie called, "Sith Troopers";
    C- The Sith Trooper armor looks an awful lot like Phase II Clone Trooper armor;
    D- There's a black and grey (Imperial) TIE fighter called the TIE Dagger on the cover of the Rise of Skywalker Visual Dictionary, and;
    E- Poorly written, Mack truck-sized plothole time travel plots are kind of JJ Abrams's schtick...

I'm afraid that it's looking very likely to me. And I'm going to be so annoyed if it's true.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 09-07-19 at 21:09.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    E would kill it for me. I don’t think they will do it.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Per my wishlist... I was thinking.

Let’s say we leave the Christ analogy to the original series. Maybe something more like Ghost in the Shell Buddhist approach here

I find Rey to be kind of flat. What makes her interesting is what she COULD be, not who she really is as presented.

Plus a resurrected Palpatine would be lame. So I was thinking about a line where Kylo/Ben says there will come a point where Rey will join his side. Let’s say she is still Palpatine’s daughter. And she gets her answers and maybe Anakin really was talking to Ben but he wasn’t understanding.

Let’s consider that Force Ghosts are like your guardian angels that you have a real connection too. Like love, respect, lineage.

She does go evil and she accepts and even for a minute RELISHES being Palpatine’s daughter.

And Ben gets a vision of a Clone Wars era Anakin with a hardened Hayden Christiansen giving Ben Solo a much needed Come to Jesus speech about how he killed his own wife during a fit of rage and how it was too late for him until it wasn’t.
    We can sort of handwave Luke’s attempted Ben murder as him fully realizing what his father had done to his mother and just being older and seeing enough war he gets a temptation. The Last Temptations of Luke we can say.

But moment of truth comes and they have the Ben/Rey showdown with Dark Ray and almost redeemed Ben but with a reversal. A Jedi doesn’t seek revenge. That traumatic moment where Luke tried to kill him and his s actions since finally come full circle. He knows that because someone got tempted to play God, more bad things happened. So he doesn’t kill Rey. He uses the best weapon of all. He uses love. Even knowing now who her parents were he asks an armored piercing question
    “Now that you know where you came from, are you going to let it define who you really are?”

Dark Rey hits below the belt “You killed your parents” and instead of bringing up Palpatine he says “And my Grandfather killed my Grandmother. We’ve all killed someone now. It was never the right answer. Hate and fear brought us here. I know what can bring us back”

She scoffs “What? Some Light sided magic? Some Dark sided sorcery? A way to play with life and death? A way to turn back time?”

“No. Nothing so vulgar. Much simpler. Love. I love you Rey. I always have. Now I will admit it.” and he casts off his lightsaber.
    “FOOL!” She shouts as she brings the red saber to bear and hesitates. He stands perfectly still, looking her dead in the eye willing to accept whatever. And she wells up and collapses into a broken weeping mess. Finally allowing herself to take it all in.

“Let’s go home”
    “Where is that?”
    “Wherever it needs to be”.

Thus continuing and securing a new line of Skywalker descendants who are taught a third way free from the absolutism of Jedi or Sith.

The galaxy will never have the authoritarian order of the Empire nor the disorganized Dynastic monarch of the Rebellion.
    It will have to choose for itself without agents provocateur of either end. The force is de-weaponized and begins to grow. Like a real Magna Carta moment.

I could explain it better but instead of the same duel or fight it could be the overall healing factor to better connect with the old saga and leaving it open for the same power struggle but this is the Rise of Skywalker where we all get our happy ending. For a moment, a swords to plowshare moment.

Because I see a tormented young man and a haunted young woman and instead of fighting, I want them to spend years having sex everyday and living the life Anakin wanted but couldn’t have and Han, Luke, and Leia just struggled with.

Gen X, Millenials, and Gen Z came together because kissing is more fun than killing.

I mean yeah we’ll have fights and shout outs to get there. But that is, after some thought, the ending I really want.

Maybe that’s the 15 yo teenage girl inside of me, but that is kinda what I want.
    Last edited by Firefly; 09-07-19 at 21:35.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Firefly,

Let me just say, I DO NOT think that is what will happen. But it, with some adjustment I think that is WAY better than what we will get(and I think we will get something pretty good).

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Firefly,

Let me just say, I DO NOT think that is what will happen. But it, with some adjustment I think that is WAY better than what we will get(and I think we will get something pretty good).
    Probably not. I just am kinda over showdowns. Just once I wanna see Romeo and Juliet get to ride off to the sunset and break the bed.

And I am not even really a romantic

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    We know they are fighting on the ruins of the Death Star. So Endor is confirmed. I agree with the idea that the big E is somehow infused into the remains of the death start. This would tie in very well with the way he died.

The fleet we see is very interesting. They are Imperial 1 Class SDs by looking at the superstructure. So old and outdated. However if you notice the bottom of them they appear to have some sort of huge laser mounted into the hull starting about where the Hangar Bay would be on a standard Imp 1 and going to near the front of the bow. So I think they may be the Canon version of the legends Katana Fleet.

I don't share the hate that many people have for the last two films. But I also feel they were too disjointed. Many people seem to think Rey is a Mary Sue but really she is a pretty flawed character. She wants nothing to do with this. She just wants to know who the hell her parents are. And she seems to really straddle the line between the light and Dark side of the force. She didn't hesitate for one second during The Last Jedi when it came to diving into the Dark side. Even Luke in his ignorance was more hesitant about the dark side during ESB.

I am hopeful for this film given the trailer.
    I really haven't seen Rey as being bad at all. She is impulsive, and she did go to the dark side in that little force meditation bit...but Luke had similar issues and potentials. I think her actions show she is super good and sweet. Other than immediately calling poor Finn a thief (so racist).

I do suspect, as you do, that her origins are more interesting than Kylo knows (although what he said is probably technically true, from a certain point of view).

A buddy of mine just asked, what if that vision is of Rey's mother?

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    my problem with Finn is that he is so milquetoast and a waste of a character.

I figured he woulda ditched the crew cut, shaved his head, grown a beard, and drawn more from his soldiery instead of just being Diversity Hire Darrell the non-threatening black guy

ETA same for Phasma. You have a 6'4" Amazon Bitch Goddess who dies in a garbage compactor. Come on man....
    She had potential too
    Last edited by Firefly; 09-07-19 at 22:15.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Reme
    I figured he woulda ditched the crew cut, shaved his head, grown a beard, and drawn more from his soldiery instead of just being Diversity Hire Darrell the non-threatening black guy
    Haha. I love Finn. I feel like he is supposed to represent the audience in that his reactions are kind of human. Poe is pretty flat to me. But I am hoping they flesh them out a bit more. At this point we have really only seen them for a few days of their life.

Christopher Columbus

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast