Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: RISE OF SKYWALKER speculation discussion (no bitching, if you don't like SW, go away)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hate Poe more than Finn!

Still...the new series isnt my favorite but....I liked the Stealth X Wings and I'd still help Laura Dern break a hip.

It's sad Carrie Fisher died because I hsd the comics where she was developing her force powers.

ROTJ was on yesterday and it was always my favorite as a kid.
    Even when Star Wars is "bad" it's still better than Star Trek.

If anything I wanna see Poe pull some crazy Cowboy move like kamikaze somebody.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Some have speculated that Princess Leia may have spent the intervening years training Rey in the force. She has had 30 years of hanging out with Luke to develop her powers and we did see her use them in the Last Jedi. I am not as opposed to CGI Leia as everyone else, especially if it helps the story.

I too would help adjust Dern's posture, but I need her to lose the hair dye.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I actually like the anime hair.

Jurassic Park Laura Dern is bae of course

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Some have speculated that Princess Leia may have spent the intervening years training Rey in the force. She has had 30 years of hanging out with Luke to develop her powers and we did see her use them in the Last Jedi. I am not as opposed to CGI Leia as everyone else, especially if it helps the story.

I too would help adjust Dern's posture, but I need her to lose the hair dye.
    Could be her real hair color, you’d have to check...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I need to catch up & pay attn...which one do I need to watch after Rey / Finn / The First Order all appeared on Jakku??

I'll be 50 this year & been fun seeing this go on as long as I can remember...I recall walking out of the Empire Strikes Back thinking life couldn't get any better & a whole new view on movies. Now I wasn't even 10 but thought the effects / movie was a big step up from my Star Wars recollection & obviously kept getting better. I guess getting to see the originals come out while being a squirt brain / effects developed is a little reward for getting older?? I know I had the leia slave poster at one time.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    I need to do exactly what you don’t want to get to what you want.

There have always been issues with Star Wars.
    If you were not a little kid watching, Luke was a whiny ass little punk bitch in the first movies.
    It introduced that people were already adults and pilots and stuff when they could begin to study the force.
    Vader could not recognize his own daughter or droids right in front of his face.
    The Ewoks were cheesy. It would have been way cooler having indig guerrilla Wookiees ripping through storm troopers.
    The prequels introduced midi force virus things.
    The whole annakin being an adult when he met kenobi was thrown off.
    Kenobi and annakin were way younger than than they should have been at the end of the prequels based on the vibe of the original trilogy.
    Kenobi beat the chosen one way to easy.
    Every movies has some way out of whack upside down pyramid of top of the food chain creature.
    Boba went out like a punk instead of like a boss.

The new movies have left us, at this point, with Rey being a nobody, Luke died with turning an epic in person action to a weirdly unsatisfying living force ghost action, an emo bad boss hard to take as seriously and imposing, and interesting big bad tossed by the wayside with no development, and a new tactic of turning ships into hyperdrive torpedos that makes all of the preceding space battles in the entire franchise unnecessary.

So, how can we get from there to a more satisfying and somewhat cleansing wrap up?

Rey needs a hook. She can’t be a nobody. It undoes the whole hero cycle that people find satisfying.
    Is she the twin sister of annakin separated at birth then hidden in carbonite and thawed and released by some undisclosed as of yet plot or movement? It seems unlikely she is an unknown love child of Luke. Is she an unknown love child of kenobi. Who we find was secretly a brother of annakin’s mother, but they never knew it or met. Kenobi was also a potential chosen one, but only Yoda knew. He had arranged for them to be together and paired all along as one knowing and one not, to see which because unclear it was to see for Yoda. Was she a secret Vader project, a test tube offspring of his somehow that finally got taken out of the lab? Was vader’s mom the unknown baby sister of palpatine sold off into slavery as an infant? is Rey the grandchild from palpatine’s secret stash of concubines? And the emperor having been a failed chosen one? Mind blowing to tie the emperor as the big bad uncle of the skywalker family. The Rise of Skywalker could then refer to ANY palpatine, Luke, leia, Or kenobi offspring. And jango fett was somehow a half skywalker bastard child hidden among the mandalorians and never trained in the force. A test for how bad assed breeding strong force people could be even if never trained in the force. Then Rey could even be from Boba Fett’s line of Skywalkers.
    As I said, Rey needs a hook to explain her badassery and give us a reason to like her.

Someone tries the hyperdrive ram again. It fails. The last movie’s was a fluke. The tactic usually results in the ramming ship passing through the target ship out of phase with each other, the target ship unharmed and the ramming ship destroyed as soon as it fully enters hyperspace. It’s like a one in ten million shot to actually destroy the target and your ship is done for no matter what.

Rey and Darth Emo MUST team up. The best moments of the past two movies were them teaming up to take down Snoke. They don’t have to end up together, it doesn’t matter who saves who, or the exact details of what level of family tie they have, but they team up win and people in the galaxy end up better off by far than they would have. To really hit, one should die saving the galaxy.

Palpatine showing up as a force ghost is cool by me.but anything beyond the level of dead Force ghost interaction we have seen so far would really turn me off.

As I said, each trilogy has issues. The whole franchise is full of retcons and inconsistencies. The last two movies waded into this mess. There is no way to wrap everything up. And they had some goals beyond just telling a great story that alienated a lot of fans. And...
    Lead characters played by actors that were either never a very good actor or of a physicality suited to their role, poorly aged and a mess of psyc and substance issues, or a great actor beyond tired of the role and just phoning it in.

So, for me the franchise is like when you were a kid Dad had a 70 Superbird Hemi. Awesome when you were a kid. Getting in rough shape when you were a teenager. Then sitting in a barn for twenty years. And you restore it. It’s back in its former glory but overheating, handles like a bus, some of the repo parts just don’t fit right, and you love it, but there are way better cars now. Ten years go by and you sell it for a fortune. Ten years later it has been restomodded and you hate the car you loved that was a part of your child hood, teens, adulthood, etc. has been ruined. A fortune ruined to boot. The owner has put it in the shop again. The same shop has turned out a Cuda restoration you liked (Solo) and a Challenger restoration that you loved (Rouge One). The Superbird is in that shop at the moment and you want it to come out just like you remember that first time you rode in it as a kid.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Pretty good Ramairthree.

Also, you can make an analogy with cars and ANYTHING! 😲

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We need to see Daisy Ridley in bikini armor and I like to think her mom was some sex slave he kept in his force harem.

Palps was old, not dead. Plus some women are into that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    RA3,

I dunno....Kylo doesnt look that bad.

In a way, reading books and comics as a youth....I had this mental image of Anakin Skywalker as this grizzled, hardened Sgt. Barnes looking guy.

I still liked the prequels and have come to appreciate them more. The Clone Wars show really, REALLY develops Anakin more. But I think Sgt. Barnes would have been too easy.

Seeing a kid born into slavery and effectively turned into a child soldier and then blackballed by the Jedi was actually more brilliant. Plus him killing Padme was what led him to become so dead inside and self loathing.
    He didnt have a chance until Luke tried to change him.

I think Kylo Ren being non threatening without the mask reveals his vulnerability. He's not a battle scarred war veteran like Anakin. He's mixed up and doesn't fully grasp what he's doing.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I find Driver’s portrayal of evil far more convincing than Christensen’s. He seems like the people I know that are actually evil. In my line of work I spend a fair amount of time chatting with killers and loonies (I am a criminal defense attorney) and driver has captured their selfish “poor me” vibe fairly well.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast