Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bringing my patrol rifle into the 21st Century

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The fact that the department mandates SBRs as well as suppressors for patrol is amazing and almost unheard of. My departments big jump to modern times was a WML and RDS. Thankfully we have the option to carry our own.

Nice looking setup.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    How big is your department? Are the cans purchased on a form 5 or is that from your own personal collection?

I work for a large, 2500+ Deputy agency in the South and we are still using polyester, class B uniforms.......

My only feedback would be to rock a DS00 switch for redundancy. I had a Surefire pressure pad and a modbutton fail to activate against a knife wielding drunk asshole. The DS00 allowed me to change switching methods and illuminate him.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Infantry415 View Post
    The fact that the department mandates SBRs as well as suppressors for patrol is amazing and almost unheard of. My departments big jump to modern times was a WML and RDS. Thankfully we have the option to carry our own.

Nice looking setup.
    Our chief has a policy of saying yes to any proposal that benefits the department and fits the budget. He's often found enough grants to make one's that don't fit the budget work. We are a small agency, which is beneficial in that regard, but our gear is always top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    How big is your department? Are the cans purchased on a form 5 or is that from your own personal collection?

I work for a large, 2500+ Deputy agency in the South and we are still using polyester, class B uniforms.......

My only feedback would be to rock a DS00 switch for redundancy. I had a Surefire pressure pad and a modbutton fail to activate against a knife wielding drunk asshole. The DS00 allowed me to change switching methods and illuminate him.
    We are a drop in the bucket compared to you guys, 40 sworn municipal police agency. That's a good idea on the switch, never thought of that.
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 12-27-20 at 13:50.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I use a DS00 on everything with a tape switch for this very reason.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I can never leave well enough alone, so here is Patrol Rifle 4.0, or 5.0, or whatever.

The upper is now a Geissele URGI MK18, but I put my black MK16 rail on it and switched then FDE rail to the 6933. Upgraded to a Modlite PLHV2 and Modbutton Lite (which is WAY better than the SF/Cloud LCS combo). Bought another T2 and put it in a Unity FAST mount. Holy sh*t, this mount lives up to it's name. I'll be switching all my mounts to Unity FAST mounts this year.

Here's the current parts list:
    Upper:
    Geissele URGI MK18 Upper
    Dead Air Sandman S
    Modlite PLH V2, Thorntail 2 SBR, Modbutton Lite
    Midwest Combat Rifle Front Sight
    Aimpoint T2, Unity FAST mount
    BCM Gunfighter CH

Lower:
    Colt SBR Lower
    Magpul MOE+ Grip
    BCM Gunfighter Stock
    Geissele SSA
    Radian Talon Safety
    BFG VCAS Sling

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I can never leave well enough alone, so here is Patrol Rifle 4.0, or 5.0, or whatever.

The upper is now a Geissele URGI MK18, but I put my black MK16 rail on it and switched then FDE rail to the 6933. Upgraded to a Modlite PLHV2 and Modbutton Lite (which is WAY better than the SF/Cloud LCS combo). Bought another T2 and put it in a Unity FAST mount. Holy sh*t, this mount lives up to it's name. I'll be switching all my mounts to Unity FAST mounts this year.

Here's the current parts list:
    Upper:
    Geissele URGI MK18 Upper
    Dead Air Sandman S
    Modlite PLH V2, Thorntail 2 SBR, Modbutton Lite
    Midwest Combat Rifle Front Sight
    Aimpoint T2, Unity FAST mount
    BCM Gunfighter CH

Lower:
    Colt SBR Lower
    Magpul MOE+ Grip
    BCM Gunfighter Stock
    Geissele SSA
    Radian Talon Safety
    BFG VCAS Sling

Crazy high mount. Must take some getting used to? Nice set up though.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    Crazy high mount. Must take some getting used to? Nice set up though.
    2.26". supposed to be perfect for gas masks and NV. I think their magnifier mounts are cool beans, it stays centered rather the swinging off tot he side when do in use.
    https://www.unitytactical.com/produc...gnifier-mount/

I'll probably will go broke on their switches alone.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234