Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bringing my patrol rifle into the 21st Century

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Open enrollment classes or for work? And what made you switch to the scorpion for HD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LE Instructor courses only out in Nunn.

Switched to the Scorpion because I have two infants and a toddler, need something light/quiet/small that also allows me to carry a baby or two when moving through the house.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    ^^ Good looking carbine LS/HD.

What duty ammo/range ammo are you running?
    I believe we are using Hornady TAPS 62gr Barrier for duty, range ammo is whatever we can order right now.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    LE Instructor courses only out in Nunn.

Switched to the Scorpion because I have two infants and a toddler, need something light/quiet/small that also allows me to carry a baby or two when moving through the house.
    Hmm, valid point. Now that I’m finally in SBRland I’ve been considering an 11.5 for my wife, but that does make a lot more sense with our 18 month old and golden retriever.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Hmm, valid point. Now that I’m finally in SBRland I’ve been considering an 11.5 for my wife, but that does make a lot more sense with our 18 month old and golden retriever.

For similar reasons as LSHD mentioned, I sold off the 11.3” upper I had for my wife. The concussion was real at an indoor range with ear pro, expectation, and an open lane, and I can’t imagine what it would be like in our home at night with kids. It was super light, though.
    The Stribog will be for me, or if I see a need to arm both of us, I will have the suppressed 11.5” while my wife has the Stribog. I wish it were a little lighter than it is, but it isn’t bad.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Well, ounces equal pounds, pounds equal pain. The PRO and OWL combo was a bit heavy, and midway through a week long course I switched to an Arisaka 600 and my T2. Very happy with this combo. Put a 2 MOA H1 on my Scorpion, as well as the OWL, and it's pretty cool.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, ounces equal pounds, pounds equal pain. The PRO and OWL combo was a bit heavy, and midway through a week long course I switched to an Arisaka 600 and my T2. Very happy with this combo. Put a 2 MOA H1 on my Scorpion, as well as the OWL, and it's pretty cool.

Been following this build and really enjoying it. Had similar concerns about putting an OWL on a build, decided the arisaka 600 was a good route as well. Glad to see that thought validited. Do you think the arisaka gives you enough throw and spill to cover your needs well?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpetros View Post
    Been following this build and really enjoying it. Had similar concerns about putting an OWL on a build, decided the arisaka 600 was a good route as well. Glad to see that thought validited. Do you think the arisaka gives you enough throw and spill to cover your needs well?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    The Arisaka is a little light on spill, but has impressive throw. While it is not the OWL, it beats the pants off Surefire DF lights.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Arisaka is a little light on spill, but has impressive throw. While it is not the OWL, it beats the pants off Surefire DF lights.
    This.
    There's just enough spill for navigation and catching movement, that's about it. It's a laserbeam.

Only real problem with the arisaka 600 w/e2ht or e2xt heads is the horrendous run time on 2x CR123s (like 15 minutes before crap output). You pretty much HAVE to use a 16650 if you want to use it for anything more than spot shooting.

Love my 600 w/e2xt head though, put it on my 'SPR'.

Nice setup btw!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've been a fan of Arisaka and Malkoff lights/heads for a number of years and have never been displeased with any of them. I've even upgraded some older incandescent Surefire lights with Malkoff heads and that's a good way to breathe new life into these 60 lumen relics for less than the cost of buying a new light.

The T2/Scalarworks combo is absolute red dot perfection.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I've been a fan of Arisaka and Malkoff lights/heads for a number of years and have never been displeased with any of them. I've even upgraded some older incandescent Surefire lights with Malkoff heads and that's a good way to breathe new life into these 60 lumen relics for less than the cost of buying a new light.

The T2/Scalarworks combo is absolute red dot perfection.
    Same here. I upgraded my old Surefire 6p and 6z lights with the Malkoff heads and have been very happy with them. 450 lumens is more than bright enough at HD ranges.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast