Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bringing my patrol rifle into the 21st Century

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    A nice 3x magnifier will really help hits at 100, especially getting them where you want them. I have both the original Vortex 3x and the Aimpoint 3X C version and they work well. I like the factory Aimpoint mount better, as it flips easily and removes faster, but the eye relief on the Vortex seems a tad better - in the same position on carbines I have to slide my head forward to get a full view or move the Aimpoint 3x back a slot on the rifle.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Good info--thanks.

Do you know the rationale for not letting you use LPVO's? Is it mainly just 'proven reliability', or is the cost a factor? Seems like, for your use cases, a 1-6 LPVO would be ideal, except it would jack up your weight (and cost) quite a bit.
    There are two prevailing theories as to why we don't have LPVO's for patrol use:

1) Cops are not gun guys, and the ones that are, may not be quality gear guys. Lots of money, time, and training must go into using an LPVO efficiently, and most cops are not going to do any of that.

2) Scopes make guns look like "sniper rifles" which will scare the townfolk. We cant have any color on our guns other than black so as not to appear militaristic.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Based on everything said in this thread, I like your department.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I have made few changes recently. I added an Aimpoint 3x Magnifier in a Larue flip mount, and it is great. In fact, I can't believe I have never used one before. Thre a BCM KAG grip on, also a well thought out piece of equipment:

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    A few updates:

Light: Changed from my Scout to a Streamlight HLX. It's brighter and has a better throw.

Magnifier: Switched to an Eotech G33. Much better glass and the flip to side is great.

I added a Magpul mag coupler. I know, I know, it's not ideal, and it's a slow reload. But, a slow reload is far better than a non existent one.

I also added a BCM Stubby Vertical Grip and a Neomag Sentry Strap.

Feedback Score
    I have a couple hlx’s,they are great lights,a little portly,but PLENTY OF LIGHT!

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    A few things have changed. I moved my T2 to my Scorpion, which is my HD gun. Put a Geissele/PRO on instead. Ditched the magnifier, just too much weight and I really only used it at the range for qual. Added a Cloud Defensive OWL because one my fellow instructors had a catastrophic issue with his HLX at our carbine instructor course and truth be told I never had alot of confidence in the wired tailcap. I am sticking with the dual mag combo and SiCo Saker, but this setup if for the two upcoming classes I have and this helps shave some weight as they are both week long courses. I can't rock a tan sling at work, so I have this padded VCAS just for comfort as my normal VCAS is unpadded.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Parts list as it stands now:
    Factory Colt 6933
    Geissele MK16 Rail and Gasblock
    Geissele/Aimpoint Pro
    Geissele SSA
    Radian Ambi Safety
    BCM Gunfighter CH
    B5 Bravo Stock
    Magpul MOE+ Grip
    BCM Gunfighter stubby vert grip
    MI BUIS
    Dead Air FH
    SiCo Saker w/Dead Air KeyMo
    Cloud Defensive Owl
    BFG VCAS
    NeoMag Sentry Strap

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    ^^ Good looking carbine LS/HD.

What duty ammo/range ammo are you running?
    Last edited by gaijin; 07-19-20 at 11:40.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Bringing my patrol rifle into the 21st Century

Open enrollment classes or for work? And what made you switch to the scorpion for HD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast