Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting option for classic 1911s, TLR-6 Light/Laser combo

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:10.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    This thing is WAAAAY brighter than I thought.

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    It’s clearly best on a officers model aesthetically. It is fine for beside the bed duty but I think they should make a 300 lumen longer model for the full size. But, it locks in tighter than any rail mounted unit so at least you don’t have to worry about losing zero and you get an ok early 00s lumen light for burglar work for $80
    I like it--economical, compact, and effective enough. Like I noted above, when you look at the alternatives for enhanced sighting systems on your non-railed 1911, for me personally RDS is a total non-starter there. I'm not a huge fan of the idea of milling a 1911 slide for RDS anyway, but especially in the case where I want to run a WML on the same pistol. And while I'm a huge CT fan for laser sights--they're pretty much all I use currently--there's no way I'm gonna run one of those laser grip sights that they produce for 1911's. I've tested those, they are totally RH biased, interfere with your grip as a lefty, and besides I don't want to give up my current VZ grips anyway--they are too awesome to part with.

As for aesthetics, you're right it probably would look more proportional and 'at home' on a smaller sized pistol, it might fit pretty well on my Commander.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12