Thread: 9mm Commander recoil spring weight

Feedback Score

9mm Commander recoil spring weight

I recently picked up a Ruger Lightweight Commander sized gun in 9mm, so far it’s been 100% reliable, accurate and just a lovely little carry gun. It came equipped with a 10# recoil spring since Ruger knows that most people shoot the 115gr generic lite American beer load. The slide was s l o w returning to battery after every shot. I ordered Wolf standard 14#, 16# and variable 14# and 16# recoil springs.
    So far I’ve been using the standard 14# which has worked well with Speer 124gr +P Gold Dots, Winchester 124gr PDX-1 bonded, 124gr fmj NATO and some of my limited stock of 127gr +P+.

What weight recoil spring are you guys running in 9mm Commander sized guns?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I have 12 pounders from factory on mine
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    12’s as well in my couple.

Feedback Score
    Well apparently I’m not under sprung at 14#. For what it’s worth, my 5” Kimber 9mm came with a 13# spring and works with everything I’ve tried in it.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For comparison I run a Wilson #15 flatwire in my government length .38 super, it's been very reliable.