Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP 2 for IWB CC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    Bodyguard 380 for about $40 more and I’ll want to improve trigger then add night sights.
    If you get the Bodyguard, this trigger makes a huge improvement.

https://gallowayprecision.com/smith-...bodyguard-380/

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    If you get the Bodyguard, this trigger makes a huge improvement.

https://gallowayprecision.com/smith-...bodyguard-380/
    So I went all in on the BG. No cash out of my pocket.
    I had a XDm 40 that I simply don’t use. Bought it used 10 years ago to have a platform in 40, but I don’t have any holsters for it, and I always shoot my 9mm’s before 40 anyways. (Sometimes I want to be committed to 9mm, but others I want to have a 40 around in case 9mm is not available, but that’s another topic. If ones unavailable then the other probably would be too)
    So I traded the XDm for a brand new Bodyguard. Idea is that although the BG will be less comfortable to shoot then anything else I own, I should actually use it more since it will be my carry gun. Looking into the Galloway trigger. Thanks.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I had an LCP that was boringly reliable but the trigger is possibly the worst I've ever shot. Sold it and got an LCP II. Trigger is much better, but I couldn't get through an entire mag without a jam. Tried maybe 75 rounds through it and it did not get any better. I could've sent it to Ruger, but I sold it for a small loss. I'm thinking of getting another one, though, because I haven't found anything better for when I pocket carry. Overall, despite my experience, I would still rather have an LCP II or LCP than a Bodyguard.

That said, a good gun belt makes a world of difference, even if you're only carrying the LCP II.

Feedback Score
    I have an LCP 2 and carry it in itÂ’s included holster IWB when I need to 100 percent not print at all and also when IÂ’m just going to walk the dog with shorts and no belt. I forget itÂ’s there IWB compared to my normal EDC Glock 26.

Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I had an LCP that was boringly reliable but the trigger is possibly the worst I've ever shot. Sold it and got an LCP II. Trigger is much better, but I couldn't get through an entire mag without a jam. Tried maybe 75 rounds through it and it did not get any better. I could've sent it to Ruger, but I sold it for a small loss. I'm thinking of getting another one, though, because I haven't found anything better for when I pocket carry. Overall, despite my experience, I would still rather have an LCP II or LCP than a Bodyguard.

That said, a good gun belt makes a world of difference, even if you're only carrying the LCP II.
    What ammo where you using. IÂ’ve only used Fiocchi FMJ which is a tad bit hotter than American.380 and it hasnÂ’t had not one malfunction.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Just picked up a BG and ran it today.
    I have a LCP, gen 2, so I think sights and trigger were improved from the very first LCP.
    The LCP II supposedly has better trigger, same sights. I’ve handled one in store, never shot one.

Now that I own a BG let me say this:
    They are all so close to the same size that you can conceal any of them any way you want. The spec weights are all pretty true to what the manufacturers say (according to my digital food scale.) LCP shows 0.2oz heavier, BG shows 0.1 oz lighter than spec sheets.
    They both carry the exact same. Can’t tell what’s on my hip or in my pocket between the two.
    I prefer to shoot the BG as it fits my hand better. I happen to like the finger groove. I do not mind the long trigger. By no means am I a pistol pro, but I find the BG take up and brake to be very doable. It brakes and goes bang exactly when I expect it to every time. I can keep my hand steady through the takeup without a problem for 50 rounds or so. Fatigue sets in after that and I get wiggle during the take up.
    I like the DOA trigger because I can repeatedley pull the trigger while sitting on the couch with an empty gun so as to practice with my CCW. Perhaps brake in the trigger some as well. (With the LCP you have to rack the slide for every dry fire trigger squeeze)
    The LCP has just as long of a take up, although it is a lighter take up. But then the brake is just plain mushy. I still shoot it well for what it is.

The one and only spec that pissed me off about the BG was that it is supposed to have a SS slide and barrel. According to magnets, they are NOT stainless. Fail by S&W website! But it’s still a good pistol. I might make a thread about this issue after I talk to S&W customer service to see what the deal is. Maybe they switched to an alloy when armalite finishing came out. ? Maybe it’s some special cold forged grade of stainless from outer space that still attracts magnets . ? Don’t know, but the lil pistol works well.
    Last edited by matemike; 09-13-19 at 22:53.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Corporal View Post
    What ammo where you using. I’ve only used Fiocchi FMJ which is a tad bit hotter than American.380 and it hasn’t had not one malfunction.
    For carry ammo I was using XTPs, which I know can be problematic. It was also jamming on FMJ - Winchester, IIRC.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    Maybe it’s some special cold forged grade of stainless from outer space that still attracts magnets .
    Stainless steel used in firearms manufacture is still ferrous.

Go to your LGS with a magnet and ask to handle any stainless steel firearm(s) you want and you'll very rapidly learn that they are all ferrous. That is, they all attract a magnet.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    For carry ammo I was using XTPs, which I know can be problematic. It was also jamming on FMJ - Winchester, IIRC.
    Winchester’s have flat points right? Give round nose a try. Personally I’m not a fan of holler points in .380 so I couldn’t really tell you what’s worked for me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you’re looking at the LCP, take a hard look at the LC9S Pro. I think it carries the same, but you get 9mm.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Been carrying the bodyguard for two weeks now and loving it. I like shooting it more than my LCP.
    That LC9S Pro is my next interest.
    - Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast