Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MRO parallax remedy

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Please, let us know if the absolute co-witness mount fixes the problem.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How would changing the mount height of the optic fix the parallax issue in the optic itself?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I believe the optic does have a parallax issue. My problem is that my inability to see a definite red dot prevents zeroing. I have to use the rear aperture back up sight to make an actual usable dot. I have basically zeroed the sight in the lower 1/3 of the optic. Use the optic without the back up sight with the now fuzzy dot in the center of the optic? 6" shift in group size to the 2 O'Clock position....

I hope that the absolute cowitness mount will allow me to zero the optic and that my children don't have an astigmatism.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Why not just teach your kids to zero the rifle with the current setup?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Sell it and get an Eotech with the least amount of parallax compare to any other red dot sights.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    How would changing the mount height of the optic fix the parallax issue in the optic itself?
    Because parallax increases the further the dot or reticle is from the center of the viewing window.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd like to confirm that the OP's MRO exhibits a 6" shift from dot centered in the optic to being located in the lower 1/3 of the optic. Trijicon clearly states on their website, "Like all reflex-style optics, the Trijicon MRO is parallax-free when the dot and target are reasonably well centered in the optic's field-of-view, but when the reticle and target are substantially off-axis, there will be some parallax. The off-axis parallax performance of the MRO meets or exceeds that of other reflex sights of similar size.".

A six inch shift seems like a lot more than "some" parallax. I'm going to be zeroing an LPVO on Sunday, so I can take an MRO along to see if I'm able to duplicate your findings.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I'd like to confirm that the OP's MRO exhibits a 6" shift from dot centered in the optic to being located in the lower 1/3 of the optic. Trijicon clearly states on their website, "Like all reflex-style optics, the Trijicon MRO is parallax-free when the dot and target are reasonably well centered in the optic's field-of-view, but when the reticle and target are substantially off-axis, there will be some parallax. The off-axis parallax performance of the MRO meets or exceeds that of other reflex sights of similar size.".

A six inch shift seems like a lot more than "some" parallax. I'm going to be zeroing an LPVO on Sunday, so I can take an MRO along to see if I'm able to duplicate your findings.
    Don’t forget to use your buis thats a different height then your rds.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My MRO mount is Absolute, but I've been running lower 1/3s for 8 years, so I should be able to approximate where the dot would be.

Other stuff came up today, but hope to make it to the outdoor range next weekend, if I don't take a day off during this week.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry about the late updates. Had a family medical emergency that is slowly getting better.

But before people ended up in the hospital, I put a geissele absolute co witness on the 6720. The result was parallax shift was reduced enough while visualizing the dot through the rear aperture that I was able to finally zero the rifle. I am still not happy about the MRO. It fails to be the aimpoint that I should have duplicated. For now, my daughter likes it, so it remains.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12