Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt to Suspend Civilian sells of AR's

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And stateside. Lotsa future astronauts and doctors given a solid homegoing thanks to the Colt rifles and SMGs.

LMT comes close, damn close, but Colts just put in work

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Blah, blah, blah... you’re just a Colt apologist. That’s all you are... I kid, I kid... I whole heartedly agree with what you said.

I’d also like to add a comment about all the criticism regarding the “lack of innovation” from Colt. What has been so innovative about the AR platform over the past 60 years? Free float barrels, longer rails, and midlength gas systems?

To think anyone using a 6920/M4/M4A1 is outgunned vs a URGI or other some new “innovative” AR platform is kind of ludicrous IMNHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Agreed.

It’s also their lack of marketing. Gun owners fall for the dumbest advertising. Everyone wants to be tacticool, just as long as it doesn’t involve lacing up some Bates. Specs don’t get people excited the same way that shiny FDE rails and laser engraved triggers do.

The great irony in the above is that you cannot juxtapose a “boring” 6920 against a flashy Geissele without mentioning that nearly 100% of bad guys killed with carbines in the hands of American servicemen in combat have had “Colt” stamped on the side.

The reason those rifles were in the sandbox in the first place isn’t because their CEO is a good businessman or even because “Colt” itself is an inherently good manufacturer of weapons. It’s because the rifles meet specifications that have been tweaked and perfected over the last 50 years.

People can hate Colt all the want. Many of the arguments are valid. They don’t innovate at all. They don’t care about the civilian market. But you can’t say a Colt 6920 doesn’t work. Because a Colt M4 works, and as Pinz mentioned, the Colt 6920 is an M4 with a different trigger group and a 1.5” longer barrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    As bad as Colt’s, arguably, has been in delivering what most AR buyers want, they kept their own niche among folks who want something that works out of the box. With all of their financial problems, if they’d gone full Daniel Defense 4-5 years ago, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion because there would be no civilian-sale Colts. Again, arguable, but they stayed right in the lucrative but smaller realm of selling a solid, no-frills product at a pretty decent markup for the company.

I won’t defend the fact that they didn’t release the CCU and Trooper 5 years ago, in which case I don’t think many of these “boutique” companies would’ve even existed. Colt missed the boat big time on that, but it still didn’t affect the quality of their core products. I do think that their very conservative product offerings and marketing has probably helped them weather this market to a degree, though. Yes, they missed sales opportunities, but they didn’t leverage themselves any further than they were from decisions made 20+ years ago, either. There are just as many, or more people clamoring for more Colt revolvers and CCW weapons as there are Mk18 clones.
    Last edited by sundance435; 09-18-19 at 20:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Agreed.

It’s also their lack of marketing. Gun owners fall for the dumbest advertising. Everyone wants to be tacticool, just as long as it doesn’t involve lacing up some Bates. Specs don’t get people excited the same way that shiny FDE rails and laser engraved triggers do.

The great irony in the above is that you cannot juxtapose a “boring” 6920 against a flashy Geissele without mentioning that nearly 100% of bad guys killed with carbines in the hands of Americans over the 20 years of nearly continuous combat have had “Colt” stamped on the side.

The reason those rifles were in the sandbox in the first place isn’t because their CEO is a good businessman or even because “Colt” itself is an inherently good manufacturer of weapons. It’s because the rifles meet specifications that have been tweaked and perfected over the last 50 years.

People can hate Colt all the want. Many of the arguments are valid. They don’t innovate at all. They don’t care about the civilian market. But you can’t say a Colt 6920 doesn’t work. Because a Colt M4 works, and as Pinz mentioned, the Colt 6920 is an M4 with a different trigger group and a 1.5” longer barrel.
    This is a great no BS post.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If the only thing colt made was the 6920 and pumped out 14.5 SOCOM uppers that would be a win.

You can build damn near any 5.56 configuration you want out of it and have a bench mark quality weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    Eh I would definitely get the BCM over Spikes any day of the week.
    They both check all the boxes on the chart.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    That's exactly what flagship means friend.

Well, that's the problem/biggest criticism isn't it?
    That’s not what “flagship” means my friend. It’s the product a company is most known for and often the most popular. Their CCU is arguably a higher end offering than the basic 6920.

Jeeps “flagship” car is the Wrangler...not the Grand Cherokee.
    Last edited by OldState; 09-18-19 at 22:11.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Oh, I'm sure you'll be able to buy them from pre sell out stocks- at stupidly inflated prices for a long time. I'll buy FN's if I need an M4 type rifle-- they are an M4 supplier to Uncle Sam who meets all the TDP as well.
    The rifles and carbines FN builds for the military are built in Columbia, SC., they ARE built to the TDP. The rifles and carbines FN builds for the civilian market are built in Fredericksburg, VA., they're NOT built to the TDP. FN can't sell TDP built rifles or carbine to civilians, Colt's the only one that can.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistoGators View Post
    They both check all the boxes on the chart.
    The infamous chart.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    The rifles and carbines FN builds for the military are built in Columbia, SC., they ARE built to the TDP. The rifles and carbines FN builds for the civilian market are built in Fredericksburg, VA., they're NOT built to the TDP. FN can't sell TDP built rifles or carbine to civilians, Colt's the only one that can.

NYH1.
    Do we know where both companies deviate from the TDP? Euro mentioned that Colt deviates with a semi lower, fcg, and 1.5"s of barrel...anything else? And where and how far does FN deviate?

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast