Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt to Suspend Civilian sells of AR's

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    They went official with a second contract last week as well.

Commercial sales suck. Nobody is buying ARs. It’s a race to the bottom. This was likely their intention the entire time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    August set a RECORD number of firearms sales....more than any Obama or Clinton panic. This is indisputable
    FACT. So, "sales are bad" is complete crap. A lie.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score

Colt to Suspend Civilian sells of AR's

Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    August set a RECORD number of firearms sales....more than any Obama or Clinton panic. This is indisputable
    Prove it.

Break down sales figures of new firearms. Then break down how many of those are complete, factory-produced M4s.

Record number of 4473s does not equal record sales of new, complete factory M4s. One month, even if your statement were true, doesn’t show a trend. One month of good sales doesn’t keep a company going.

The AR market is saturated. It’s a race to the bottom where every mouth-breather buys a “mil-spec” $300 PSA.

Last edited by lsllc; 09-22-19 at 16:27.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Until you have a source for this it is absolute crap.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Prove it.

Break down sales figures of new firearms. Then break down how many of those are complete, factory-produced M4s.

Record number of 4473s does not equal record sales of new, complete factory M4s. One month, even if your statement were true, doesn’t show a trend. One month of good sales doesn’t keep a company going.

The AR market is saturated. It’s a race to the bottom where every mouth-breather buys a “mil-spec” $300 PSA.

When politicians are talking about banning and confiscating AR15s by name are you honestly trying to say people are panic buying Ruger 10/22s? They're buying AR 15s.

Now, arguably they are buying cheaper guns but Colt is STILL, to the general public, synonymous with AR15. And, simply by increased sales in the sector they have to be part of it. If RSR didnt think they could sell Colt ARs, why were they ordering them in bulk? Its a thin ass fig leaf they are trying to hide behind.
    Last edited by Esq.; 09-22-19 at 16:35.

Feedback Score
    When politicians are talking about banning and confiscating AR15s by name are you honestly trying to say people are panic buying Ruger 10/22s? They're buying AR 15s. Now, arguably they are buying cheaper guns but Colt is STILL, to the genetal public, synonymous with AR15. And, simply by increased sales in the sector they have to be part of it. If RSR didnt think they could sell Colt ARs, why were they ordering them in bulk? Its acthin ass fig leaf they are trying to hide behind.
    Again, you’re making assumptions. Prove what you’re saying is true.

Locally, talking to all five or six shops they are selling micro pistols, PCCs, and lowers. P365s, XLs, 43x, 48s, Shields, etc. One shop told me they hadn’t sold an AR in 5.56 in five or six months. I traded one in a year ago and it’s still there collecting dust and priced to sell.

Drop the mantra and stop pretending to know the inter-workings of a company you’ve got no information about.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssimo View Post
    Yesterday, coming back from work, i heard from an italian radio station (i'm italian) the news. The speeker said that colt will stop sales of ar15's to the civilian market because that is the most used rifle in mass shootings. Crazy. Liberal peopaganda is out of control here in Europe :/
    Well, Europe sucks so?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Locally, talking to all five or six shops they are selling micro pistols, PCCs, and lowers. P365s, XLs, 43x, 48s, Shields, etc. One shop told me they hadn’t sold an AR in 5.56 in five or six months. I traded one in a year ago and it’s still there collecting dust and priced to sell.

Drop the mantra and stop pretending to know the inter-workings of a company you’ve got no information about.

I dont have inside information. What i have is undeniable fact in terms of NICS data, backed by common sense. Explain how RSR is buying Colts they dont think they can sell. Rsr is actually a well run and profitable company btw...Does that seem like a smart business decision to you? Yes or no. Its a very simple question.
    Last edited by Esq.; 09-22-19 at 16:43.

Feedback Score
    I dont have inside information. What i have is undeniable fact in terms of NICS data, backed by common sense. Explain how RSR is buying Colts they dont think they can sell. Does seem like a smart business decision to you? Yes or no. Its a very simple question.
    How many Colts did RSR attempt to purchase? How many have they purchased over the last year? What is Colt’s profit on these $725 OEMs? What penalties will Colt incur for not meeting the $130 million dollar contacts they’ve just started?

I don’t understand why everybody thinks they are business experts around here and can make decisions without having all the information.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My goodness. This thread runs the gamut. Hand wringing, wailing wall, panic, chaos, aspersions leveled, warnings issued, Colt is good, Colt sucks, Colt knows what they're doing, Colt doesn't have a clue, Colt should do this, Colt should do that, personal attacks, corporate attacks, OMG, WTF, don't worry, be happy, buy this, don't buy that, tin hats, kevlar helmets. Damn, thread is like a normal day at TOS. Mods, I beg you, please move this to "General Discussion" so we can really run around and scream and shout!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What is your position at Colt?

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast